2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

Could you imagine if NASCAR or IndyCar added extra laps for all the laps run under caution?

People wonder why Americans can't get into soccer more than they do, and then a team loses advances on goal differential after winning one and tying one. So, they won 1 of out 3 games and advance? How does that make sense to anybody?

Don't get me wrong. I'm rooting for team USA to win, but it just all seems so stupid that you can win one of three matches and advance and get praised.

People wonder why Americans can't get into soccer more than they do, and then a team loses advances on goal differential after winning one and tying one. So, they won 1 of out 3 games and advance? How does that make sense to anybody?

Don't get me wrong. I'm rooting for team USA to win, but it just all seems so stupid that you can win one of three matches and advance and get praised.
It's like the Chase...one win and you're in! :D

I don't see how it's much different than a 7-9 or 8-8 team making the NFL playoffs. The NBA also usually has at least one team with a losing record in the playoffs and that's in the crappy Eastern Conference. The U.S. played two of the top teams in the world in their group.

I think goals are more rewarding than wins in the first round.
Sort of.
You get 3 points for a win but only 1 for a draw.
We all know goals in soccer are far and few between in this sport, so it matters plenty to score as many as you can in the 1st round of this World Cup.
It's my understanding that if Portugal scored 2 more goals against Ghana, we would be out.

Now, it's the knockout stage.
Win or go home.
Sh!t just got real.

U-S-A, U-S-A!!!

... and when USA does advance, I think the next game will be on Saturday, to give us the greatest triple header ever:

USA vs. TBA
Coke Zero 400
UFC 175

Pinch yourself.

Costa Rica vs. Greece was a good match.

James Rodriguez from Colombia is really fun to watch.

I bet $30 on the 2 games today and won $55 ....so a net profit of $25

Not enough to retire on but better than losing. :)

10500283_10201561222667123_8148446480636053146_n.jpg

Our defenders have a huge problem with not turning around & looking to see where the striker is. Lost the win to Portugal and now lost to Belgium the same way. Cmon boys.

Our defenders have a huge problem with not turning around & looking to see where the striker is. Lost the win to Portugal and now lost to Belgium the same way. Cmon boys.
More offense! For 2018 I want no defenders, just all attackers get in there and kick kick kick kick kick kick.

So did anyone hear that sound last night around 6:00 or so. The sound of millions of TVs across the country changing channels. Soccer's rating went back to normal :)
I doubt it. Even Costa Rica-Greece was seen by 6.4 million people Sunday on ESPN.

Sounds like a good number of Germans may have the flu heading into the match with France today.

I'm hoping for a Germany-Argentina final. The best team in the world versus the best player in the world.

Ridiculous.
Do they have a mercy rule in soccer?
Germany should save some of these goals for the final.
Simple target practice at this point.

I'm hoping for a Germany-Argentina final. The best team in the world versus the best player in the world.

You called it.

Not sure how it's gonna play out. I just hope it's competitive.
No rooting interest here, but this Germany squad seems to be on a roll.

Feel sorry for any Brazilian stuck with a Finals ticket tomorrow deciding whether they should wear yellow or not.

I say go for it.
A real fan sticks behind their team - and country- through the good and bad.

#USAin2018

Great game.

Would of liked to see Messi put a miracle shot through in that last penalty kick, but the better team def won today.

Back
Top Bottom