Love United Hate Glazer
Should be a good race, track is wet right now so that will make it interesting
race is on CNBC, and Go Nico :punkrocke

A PASS FOR THE LEAD!!!!
shocked.gif
shocking.gif
faint.gif

Good race, make that a great race.

I just got a chance to watch it this morning- I TIVOed it. Great race!! The end was really exciting!!

Nico complained the safety car was sent out at the wrong time.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/28545304

Apparently F1 use of the safety car doesn't know how to get the lead car formed up behind the safety car. They put the car out there and the first car to catch it has the field formed up behind it (that is what I think they do). I had a discussion with a European about how our pace car works some years ago, he didn't understand about picking up the leader, the thought of the car ahead of the pace car getting almost a full lap back was wrong (they were introducing the safety car at that time).

Also Nico complained that Hamilton was given orders to let him pass and he didn't do it (team orders -an aspect of F1 I don't like).

The only reason this race was entertaining is because they screwed Rosberg with that caution. He was the class of the field.

Mercedes' strategy cost them a 1-2 (at worst a 2-3) finish even after the safety car. Rosberg shouldn't have been left out behind Vergne for so long and Hamilton shouldn't have had to go 30+ laps on medium tires.

Glad Hamilton got yet another hard-earned podium. Mercedes has been favoring Rosberg all year and he's only up 11 points.

Back
Top Bottom