2014 Malaysian Grand Prix

This is one of my favorite tracks. I like the long straights bending around the grandstand.

Looks like it is hot and muggy.

Why is somebody babbling during the moment of silence? God shut up.

From Weather Underground:

Air temp: 99F
Feels like: 111F

Jeez.

Damnit, Kimi has the worst luck.

Good racing up front so far. Hulk in the Force India looks racey.

More tire trouble?

I kind of feel bad for the tire manufacturers in racing. They get no credit when the racing is good and safe and they get tons of crap when there are tire issues.

Rain incoming! If I was Mercedes, I'd tell Hamilton to turn the wick up again and make as much distance between him and the Red Bulls before the rain comes.

Look at Rosberg pull away from Vettel. Those silver arrows do have horsepower.

Amazing that Vettel is hounding Nico in an inferior car.

That sky looks like it's bringing some nasty weather soon.

I think Buxton was right. I think the jackman broke the wing when he was trying to jam the jack under the car.

Amazing that Vettel is hounding Nico in an inferior car.

Could have been the fuel map they were running, because after a couple laps he started pulling away again.

I am starting to kind of like this 100kg fuel thing. It adds another level of strategy and clearly has a pretty dramatic affect on lap times. It's not just a couple tenths that get knocked off, but seconds it seems between different fuel maps on cars.

Very happy to see Sebastion on the podium already, thought it might be a long time before that happened :)

Stoked on Lewis Hamilton. I know this might be an asterisk kind of year but I think the championship might be his!

Could have been the fuel map they were running, because after a couple laps he started pulling away again.
It was interesting how efficient Mercedes were. Hamilton used less fuel than most of the top teams' drivers minus Bottas and Massa and still dominated, and Rosberg hadn't used much more until Vettel started to push.

I think the new engines suck ass. Even though I do like the fact that Vettel hasn't won yet this year.

Those engines do sound odd - but that's what you get when you remove a couple of the the cylinders (noise makers).

I think I might be the only F1 fan on the whole planet who doesn't mind the engine noise. The old engines sounded better, but I can tolerate the new noise. From the in-car camera, they sound like a motorcycle, which is cool. But, when they're in a pack they sound like riding lawnmowers (lawl).

I always thought the F1 engines sounded like angry bees with the high rpm compared to the throaty sound of a NASCAR V8. I learned to get used to it as I will with the V6s. I don't think race fans like change.

Well the organizers of the AUS GP wanted to sue or something about the noise. lol F1 will make more changes I'm sure just to pacify people.

They could make the sound better by putting some creative baffling in the exhaust but the problem with that is the exhaust is it's rerouted back into the engines for the KERS.

You might have heard the 4 cylinder cars with the coffee can exhaust the kids run these days, you just can't disguise fewer cylinders.

If it oinks like a pig, it's probably a pig.

Hey I knew last year belonged to Vettel by Malaysia. :p

Red Bull doesnt have far to go this year before the wins start rollin in, the Ferrari folks might have to wait a bit longer.
I would be happy if the little German wins 4 more in a row

Red Bull doesnt have far to go this year before the wins start rollin in, the Ferrari folks might have to wait a bit longer.
I would be happy if the little German wins 4 more in a row

Why can't you ever root for a driver or a rider that I like?! :(

Back
Top Bottom