2014 Silverstone British GP

KevinWI

Oldest Operating Motor Speedway In The World
Cool old race track.

I missed the accident but must of been bad. Can't recall a red flag before in F1.

Jesus, Hachette don't talk about Senna after a big accident.

Have they made any update on Kimi? Starting to get some bad vibes here. And it's not just my hangover.

They can work on the cars under the red flag. I wonder when they will add safer barriers to the tracks.

Yeah, just heard them say he was seen limping away, so as along as he's vertical.

Niki Lauda interview! Ever since the movie Rush all my non-racing fans are big Niki Lauda fans.

Red Bull on hard tires. What do they know that everybody else doesn't?

just watched replay.
2 bitch's.

alonso ....5 sec penalty ...tires over line at start.
vs.....3 sec jump by rosberg on restart is ok ??

2.7 sec tire stop w/ 14 guys ?? what's tha point ?
why not 1 set hard tires .....gotta last whole race ?
or fewer guys.

prolly just indy / daytona / f1 bad race day groanin ! ha!

or fewer guys.

A bigger gripe to me is that FIA makes them only use 100 liters (26 gal) per race. NO refueling. And it's the responsibility of the driver to make sure there's enough in the tank post-race to test for illegal additives. Give me a break.

I think they're trying to be "green" eco friendly. Don't mind the hundreds of jets flying the drivers, pit crews, mechanics, engineers, team owners, grid babes and celebrities from race to race around the world, but don't let the 18 cars racing on Sunday refuel once.

just watched replay.
2 bitch's.

alonso ....5 sec penalty ...tires over line at start.
vs.....3 sec jump by rosberg on restart is ok ??

or fewer guys.

prolly just indy / daytona / f1 bad race day groanin ! ha!
Didn't see an early jump from Rosberg, but the Alonso penalty was pretty harsh. I know they have to enforce it though, and I don't know what else they could've done.

I like having to use different tire compounds, it makes the strategy more interesting than just having to watch one set the whole race. Besides, they tried that in 2005 and it ended pretty disastrously with Raikkonen having a major incident caused by a flat-spotted tire at the Nurburgring and, of course, the debacle at Indy's US GP.

Didn't see an early jump from Rosberg, but the Alonso penalty was pretty harsh.

He definitely got a big jump on the restart after the red flag. IndyCar or NASCAR probably would of waved off the restart. Or maybe not, I can't predict these race directors from week to week.

A bigger gripe to me is that FIA makes them only use 100 liters (26 gal) per race. NO refueling. And it's the responsibility of the driver to make sure there's enough in the tank post-race to test for illegal additives. Give me a break.

I think they're trying to be "green" eco friendly. Don't mind the hundreds of jets flying the drivers, pit crews, mechanics, engineers, team owners, grid babes and celebrities from race to race around the world, but don't let the 18 cars racing on Sunday refuel once.
Refueling was banned for safety more than anything, although cutting the fuel supply they start out with this year was probably trying to be "green". Same with mandating a fuel flow rate limit.

Back
Top Bottom