2014 Silverstone British GP

He definitely got a big jump on the restart after the red flag. IndyCar or NASCAR probably would of waved off the restart. Or maybe not, I can't predict these race directors from week to week.
Once the lights go out on the safety car the leader controls the pace as long as they don't do anything erratic. Nothing out of the usual, really. Vettel was killer on restarts last year.

Didn't see an early jump from Rosberg, but the Alonso penalty was pretty harsh. I know they have to enforce it though, and I don't know what else they could've done.

I like having to use different tire compounds, it makes the strategy more interesting than just having to watch one set the whole race. Besides, they tried that in 2005 and it ended pretty disastrously with Raikkonen having a major incident caused by a flat-spotted tire at the Nurburgring and, of course, the debacle at Indy's US GP.

even broadcast said / showed ..... 3 sec jump. ??
if that's rule.....oughta be changed........

but do they really need 14 guys ta change 4 tires ?

but......i guess if euro fifa fans can watch whole match .....then still be screamin at 1-0 end.....then this must really be hi adrenalin rush ! ha!

Last edited:
Video of the crash (not English):

Not the best track design, imo. A ditch 5 feet from the track? Shouldn't have barriers at that angle either, especially coming out of a turn. I'm not an F1 regular, but is it just me or did the car not absorb much impact? Considering he hit the wall head-on there wasn't much disintegration of the car.

betcha we'll find f1 has repeat scold on alonso.....fudgin start....since he's not up front.
never listened......til now ! ha!

Refueling was banned for safety more than anything, although cutting the fuel supply they start out with this year was probably trying to be "green". Same with mandating a fuel flow rate limit.

It's also to give some of that R&D money a plausible connection to large manufacturers mainline businesses to help justify the expense.

Video of the crash (not English):

Not the best track design, imo. A ditch 5 feet from the track? Shouldn't have barriers at that angle either, especially coming out of a turn. I'm not an F1 regular, but is it just me or did the car not absorb much impact? Considering he hit the wall head-on there wasn't much disintegration of the car.

Couldn't get your vid to work, but from the videos I've seen, the wall looks more perpendicular than it really is after coming out of Aintree. I think the car did what it was supposed to, pretty much everything but the monocoque and the tethered wheels looked to absorb energy and come off the car.

silarenalaunch01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom