2014 USCR schedule announced

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
12 races overall, each class will participate in 11 races.

The 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship schedule rundown:

Jan. 25-26: Daytona International Speedway
…The 52nd running of the Rolex 24 will be perhaps the most significant sports car race in the history of North America, as the debut event for the new championship.

March 15 Sebring International Raceway … The Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring fueled by Fresh From Florida – North America’s oldest sports car race – will be run for the 62nd time. … For the first time since 1998, the Daytona and Sebring endurance classics will be part of the same series and under the same sanctioning (IMSA). … Previously the ALMS’ premier event.

April 12 Long Beach …Longtime ALMS street race again in conjunction with IZOD IndyCar Series. … Prototype and GT Le Mans classes will compete in one of the largest and most important consumer markets (Southern California) for nearly all TUDOR United SportsCar Championship stakeholders.

May 4 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca … Historic Monterey, California circuit considered hallowed ground for sports car racing. … On both series’ schedules this season.

May 31: Detroit Belle Isle … Also a companion street-race event to IndyCar. … Will feature the Prototype, Prototype Challenge and GT Daytona classes. … The Rolex Series has raced at Detroit the last two years; previously, the ALMS was part of the Detroit weekend. The “Motor City” is home to many of the auto manufacturers participating in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship plus numerous supplier partners.

June 29: Watkins Glen International … The Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen endurance event in Watkins Glen, New York has been a staple on the Rolex Series schedule. … Event started in 1968 and for many years was part of IMSA’s former Camel GT Series.

July 13: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
… Historic Bowmanville, Ontario circuit – currently amid a massive renovation project – is retained from the ALMS schedule.

July 25: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Brickyard Grand Prix will again join the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series weekend for third consecutive year, with Friday-at-dusk finish. … Previous two years was part of Rolex Series schedule.

Aug. 10: Road America
… Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin track has been on both ALMS and Rolex Series schedules. … Hosted historic event this season when both series raced there on the same weekend.

Aug. 24: Virginia International Raceway … Danville, Virginia track has fervent fan following and an ALMS race next month. … Formerly part of the Rolex Series schedule. … Event will have a combined GT Le Mans/GT Daytona race and another race featuring the Prototype Challenge class.

Sept. 20: Circuit of The Americas … Spectacular year-old road racing facility in Austin, Texas hosted the Rolex Series in the spring this season and is hosting the ALMS and FIA World Endurance Championship this weekend.

Oct. 4: Road Atlanta … The Petit Le Mans, traditional 10-hour or 1,000 mile ALMS season finale at the storied Braselton, Georgia road course. … Event will retain its status as a link with the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...r-united-sportscar-championship-schedule.html

Yeah they had to blend the schedule, looks pretty good they kept the good ones. I am going to be confused for a while with the combined classes, anybody think that might be a problem with one car type dominating over the other?

That blended schedule has left off only five tracks that featured on the ALMS or GRAND-AM calendars this year: Mid-Ohio, Lime Rock, Kansas, Barber, and Baltimore. None of those five being left off is of huge surprise, although Lime Rock has already hosted ALMS this year and will play host to GRAND-AM’s season finale next weekend.

Pretty surprised to see Mid Ohio and Lime Rock off of the schedule. Not really a fan of Lime Rock too much though. The most expensive Rolex races I've been to were there and not too big a fan of their seating deal. They also just seem kinda greedy in general. I'll probably go check out the Rolex Series finale there and ALMS at Road Atlanta. Should be good! Excited to see how the new combined series will be.

one heck of a race for GTC, and GT in Austin. I watched it live so I am not going to spoil it. It is on the same time as Nascar tomorrow, but it you can only catch the last ten minutes, do it if you can.

Back
Top Bottom