2015 Chili Bowl

Any other streams just lost the one already posted

Ricky Stenhouse JR went off on Sammy Swindell on Twitter after the race. I guess Ricky will have to beg Danica to get him an interview again.

Great event big time atmosphere.
My current favorite open wheel event.

Signed up for MAV-TV yesterday via DISH and DVR'd the Chili Bowl.

Watched it this am with coffee, damn good races on a tight 1/4 mile dirt, but, for being in that close of quarters I think they had way less cautions than I thought they would.

Yeah, Kyle had his trouble, but, he finished 7th out of 326 drivers, not bad, not bad at all.

Overall, damn good racin by any standard.:D

Larson crying about Swindell racing him too hard. What happened to the days of settling it face to face and not crying on Twitter?

Here is a list of some of the people that i saw there.
----------------------
Gary Scelzi---drag racing
Clay Millican---drag racing
Don Prudhomme---drag racing
Roger Penske---indy car/nascar
Bobby Unser---indy car
Sarah Fisher---indy car
Kurt Busch---indy car/nascar
Danica Patrick---indy car/nascar
Tony Stewart---indy car/ nascar
Ricky Stenhouse Jr---nascar
VaDirt---racing forums

Rico Abreu wins Chili Bowl with bold pass

Rico Abreu wins Chili Bowl with bold pass

:punkrocke

1084024347418402918.gif

Went to finish watching tonight. The damn recording cut off with 20 to go in the a-main. Son of a B!

Congrats Rico!!!!!

I sure wish DirecTV would add the HD feed of MavTV to their lineup. Made it hard for me to watch.

Yep................ so much good stuff on MAVTV and having to watch without HD does suck

My 10th Chili Bowl, and my personal favorite. Epic week. What you missed by not going or not getting the racingboys.com broadcast was a lot of great racing, and a record number of flips. You also missed Kyle Larson having to start the C feature because of problems in the heat, and him winning the C, then the B, then the A. And you missed Sammy getting black flagged in his heat (lost his muffler) and start the D and then go on to finish 5th in the A.

And by the way, the Sammy/Kyle incident. Sammy bodyslammed his way through the field. That's what he does. Even wheel banged his own son on the way by (who gave it back big time).

I had someone I know with DVR record, I should get to watch it this weekend. Sounds like it was an awesome night!

Rico Abreu eager to make next step

Rico Abreu is officially following in the footsteps of Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, and best friend Kyle Larson, making the jump from the dirt of sprint car racing to the asphalt of NASCAR in 2015.

On Tuesday, the winner of Saturday night's prestigious Chili Bowl Nationals in Tulsa, Oklahoma, will announce a deal with HScott Motorsports with Justin Marks to drive the full 2015 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East schedule, a feeder series to NASCAR racing's highest levels.

His venture into stock car racing will begin this weekend with the NASCAR-sanctioned Pete Orr Memorial Super Late Model 100 at the New Smyrna Speedway in Florida, followed by his K&N debut at the same track on Feb. 15.

Read more at ….

nascar-little-rico-abreu-getting-big-break

Rico Abreu eager to make next step

Rico Abreu is officially following in the footsteps of Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, and best friend Kyle Larson, making the jump from the dirt of sprint car racing to the asphalt of NASCAR in 2015.

On Tuesday, the winner of Saturday night's prestigious Chili Bowl Nationals in Tulsa, Oklahoma, will announce a deal with HScott Motorsports with Justin Marks to drive the full 2015 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East schedule, a feeder series to NASCAR racing's highest levels.

His venture into stock car racing will begin this weekend with the NASCAR-sanctioned Pete Orr Memorial Super Late Model 100 at the New Smyrna Speedway in Florida, followed by his K&N debut at the same track on Feb. 15.

Read more at ….

nascar-little-rico-abreu-getting-big-break

Did NOT see that coming. Right on!

I had someone I know with DVR record, I should get to watch it this weekend. Sounds like it was an awesome night!

I DVR'd it and it cut off with 20 to go in the A. Hope it recorded longer than mine did.

Buuuuut I did find a vid of the finish on YouTube.

I just arrived back home from the Chili Bowl and i had a great time. I enjoyed meeting one of our racing forum members, VaDirt. He is a pretty cool guy, and i'm really looking forward to viewing some of the photos that he shot. One of our cars finished second in one of the heat races and looked like it was going to make the transfer spot out of the H main until she spun. The other car was running second for a while until he got bumped which shot him straight into the wall head on. That car will need a new chassis and a lot of front end parts before it can run again.

Last edited:
Stuart Rowlands - Corona, CA (February 4, 2015): The live broadcast by MAVTV of the 2015 Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals presented by General Tire on Saturday night, January 17, 2015, was the highest rated show in the networks' history. Known as the Super Bowl of Midget racing, MAVTV's 4 hour broadcast (8:30 - 12:30am ET) from Tulsa, OK held the attention of hard core grass roots racing fans who tuned into the broadcast and used social media to spread the word.

Rentrak rating reports confirmed the record-breaking numbers in both households and average audience. Conservative peak numbers showed over a million people watching the largest indoor midget race in the world!

In addition to the high ratings for the network, the Chili Bowl created a social media storm. For about an hour during the broadcast, the Chili Bowl was "trending" on Twitter, officially making it one of the top ten topics being discussed at the time. Not only were thousands of fans "tweeting" about the Chili Bowl, but motorsport icons and teams joined the conversation, including: Clint Bowyer, Danica Patrick, Jamie McMurray, Regan Smith, Brad Keselowski, Chip Ganassi Racing and Toyota Racing. MAVTV's Facebook page reached a benchmark 2.2 million users during the broadcast, eclipsing the previous mark by double. Finally, on the day of the Chili Bowl airing, the MAVTV.com website had over ten times the usual number of page views compared to an average day.

The initial airing was so successful that MAVTV is repeating an edited, two-hour version every Sunday night at 8:00pm ET in March.

MAVTV President Bob Patison said, "A live show like the Chili Bowl is a huge undertaking, but our viewers overwhelming told us they wanted it live, so we gave it to them and they responded in grand fashion. I am proud of the show we produced, the sponsor support and for the incredible audience response. It was a win-win for everyone."

http://www.chilibowl.com/news/?i=27009

Back
Top Bottom