2015 IndyCar Schedule

IMO, Milwaukee has always been a very technical track where those with the best car setup have a good day and everybody else has a bad day.

Like Marco said, they don't go fast enough down the straights with the V6 for aero / drafting to play a roll. Passing there is all about who can get in and off of the corners faster.

I enjoyed the race. That said, I would be interested to see if there was any change in the racing if they had the oval aero package instead of the road course one.

It was the best crowd there in years. I was really impressed with the number of people there. Kind of shocked the stands weren't full. Somebody on the Racer.com comments said "12 people showed up" which wasn't exactly true. Remember Andretti is trying to push it as "IndyFest" (Milwaukee has a lot of summer festivals, Summerfest is music, IrishFest, Festa Italiana, Octoberfest, Pridefest for gay people, etc. etc.) like a summer festival. They had live music, pro volleyball tournament, kids rides and a car show in the infield. I thought the common concession areas behind the stands and in the infield were pretty packed. Then the stands were like 65% filled. I think a lot of people were still enjoying the other attractions. The people in front of us weren't race fans. They showed up 5 laps into the race. Stayed for 15 laps, then left and came back when there was 20 laps to go. I'm okay with the casual fans. The street races get a ton of casual fans. Not everybody who shows up to the race has to be able to name how many pounds of turbo psi the teams are allowed to run this year and who name won every Indy 500 from 1960 to current.

can add snoozefest ta fest list ........on my end. :D
shoulda said racin sucked on tv.
i'm sure live was great. glad ya had good time.
that kind of promotion / other attractions........is prolly gonna be needed thruout racin ta draw crowds now.
maybe they 'll have diff race pkg next yr ?

Not that it means much but here's some guy's best guess at the moment:

1. Feb 22 UAE Grand Prix, Streets of Dubai
  2. March 8 Grand Prix of Brazil, Autódromo Internacional Nelson Pique, Brazila
  3. March 22 New Orleans Grand Prix, NOLA Motorsport Park
  4. March 29 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, Streets of St. Petersburg
  5. April 19 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, Streets of Long Beach
  6. April 26 Honda Grand Prix of Alabama, Barber Motorsport Park
  7. May 9 Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis, Indianapolis Road Course
  8. May 24 Indianapolis 500
  9. May 30/31 Chevrolet Dual in Detroit, Belle Isle Park
  10. June 6 Firestone 600k Texas Motor Speedway
  11. June 18/19 Honda Grand Prix of Toronto, Exhibition Place, Toronto
  12. June 27/28 Shell/Pennzoil Grand Prix, Location TBD
  13. July 12 Pocono Indy 500, Pocono Raceway
  14. July 19 Iowa Corn 300, Iowa Motor Speedway
  15. August 2 Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
  16. August 9 Grand Prix of Rhode Island, Streets of Providence
  17. August 16 ABC Wisconsin 250, The Milwaukee Mile
  18. August 23 Go-Pro Grand Prix of Sonoma
  19. August 30 MAVtv 500, Auto Club Speedway
http://beyondtheflag.com/2014/08/15/best-guess-2015-verizon-indycar-series-schedule/#!bHPNix

Apparently Mark Miles was still talking with Providence back in June.

maybe they 'll have diff race pkg next yr ?

Maybe they'll try something. Tires seem to be a recurring theme this year. Everybody bitched at Firestone's wet weather tire at Toronto and now the slicks at Milwaukee's old concrete surface. Maybe if the tires lasted longer, the field would be racer. Looked like Power, Kanaan and Montoya were the only cars who could pass. Looked like Saavedra was holding up everybody. The Columbians in the #17 and #18 were so slow and off the pace all weekend, I don't know what he was trying to prove by holding up faster cars.

I read on Racer.com that when Newgarden had to pit late for fuel, his lap times from before/after new tires had a 10 mph difference!

Not that it means much but here's some guy's best guess at the moment:

http://beyondtheflag.com/2014/08/15/best-guess-2015-verizon-indycar-series-schedule/#!bHPNix

Apparently Mark Miles was still talking with Providence back in June.
Providence, is that the consolation prize for the rumored Boston street race?

Not a bad looking schedule, still could use a few more ovals. They really have to bury the hatchet with SMI and get Michigan and Phoenix back on the schedule. What happened with the Magic Mile? Wasn't the promoter all pro-IndyCar after Power flipped off Barnhardt when they tried to race in the rain?

Maybe they'll try something. Tires seem to be a recurring theme this year. Everybody bitched at Firestone's wet weather tire at Toronto and now the slicks at Milwaukee's old concrete surface. Maybe if the tires lasted longer, the field would be racer. Looked like Power, Kanaan and Montoya were the only cars who could pass. Looked like Saavedra was holding up everybody. The Columbians in the #17 and #18 were so slow and off the pace all weekend, I don't know what he was trying to prove by holding up faster cars.

I read on Racer.com that when Newgarden had to pit late for fuel, his lap times from before/after new tires had a 10 mph difference!

we'll see. whole yr til then . good racin returns this sunday hopefully .....like most of yr so far.

Providence, is that the consolation prize for the rumored Boston street race?

Not a bad looking schedule, still could use a few more ovals. They really have to bury the hatchet with SMI and get Michigan and Phoenix back on the schedule. What happened with the Magic Mile? Wasn't the promoter all pro-IndyCar after Power flipped off Barnhardt when they tried to race in the rain?
I guess the Boston street race is still a thing. The mayor wants a race in the Seaport District in 2016, preferably Labor Day weekend.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/08/racing_in_the_streets

I wonder if they can get to Nashville now that it's under new ownership; supposedly the guy in charge now wants IndyCar and something like Truck or Nationwide again. He sounds a bit sketchy though.

I think I remember Phoenix's president saying he would welcome the series back but doesn't want to pay the current sanctioning fee without a guarantee of a solid crowd. :idunno:

I guess the Boston street race is still a thing. The mayor wants a race in the Seaport District in 2016, preferably Labor Day weekend.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/08/racing_in_the_streets

I wonder if they can get to Nashville now that it's under new ownership; supposedly the guy in charge now wants IndyCar and something like Truck or Nationwide again. He sounds a bit sketchy though.

I think I remember Phoenix's president saying he would welcome the series back but doesn't want to pay the current sanctioning fee without a guarantee of a solid crowd. :idunno:

IndyCar's sanctioning fee is too high. I know they have bills to pay and race purses to award but their sanctioning fee is a recurring theme over the past four years.

IndyCar's sanctioning fee is too high. I know they have bills to pay and race purses to award but their sanctioning fee is a recurring theme over the past four years.
I'm hoping the organizers for the international events paying out the ass for those races means IndyCar will be able to afford lowering the fee for domestic races every once in a while.

- No more Houston parking lot race; COTA and Ellington Field Joint Reserve Base are Texan possibilities for 2016
- Toronto may move to late June; if that falls through the Mosport and then Mont-Tremblant are backups
- Pocono likely got its wish of getting off 4th of July weekend
- Fontana doesn't want to host on Labor Day

RACER’S BEST GUESS AT 2015

FEBRUARY
Dubai (street circuit)

MARCH
Brasilia (road course)
St. Petersburg (street circuit)

APRIL
Long Beach (street)
Birmingham (road course)

MAY
Indianapolis (road course)
Indianapolis 500 (oval)

JUNE
Detroit (street, doubleheader)
Texas (oval)
Toronto (street) or Mosport (road course)

JULY
Iowa (oval)
Pocono (oval)
Fontana (oval)

AUGUST
Mid-Ohio (road course)
Milwaukee (oval)
Sonoma (road course)

SEPTEMBER
New Orleans (road course)

http://racer.com/indycar/item/107782-indycar-s-2015-schedule-bye-bye-houston-hello-mosport

IndyCar still wants to go back to Baltimore in 2016, on Labor Day Weekend.

Needs more ovals still

NOLA got a redesign.

NOLA15-Wayfinder-V1-8.27.jpg

NOLA got a redesign.

NOLA15-Wayfinder-V1-8.27.jpg

dr. chouest is big $$ behind this .......not la.
would expect big mardi gra type atmosphere ......like f1 .....w/ indy ok.
may be 1st race i attend in yrs ? we'll see.
lotta great non race party memories in that town !

dr. chouest is big $$ behind this .......not la.
would expect big mardi gra type atmosphere ......like f1 .....w/ indy ok.
may be 1st race i attend in yrs ? we'll see.
lotta great non race party memories in that town !
It's the same weekend as the French Quarter Festival. That'd make a hell of a weekend vacation.

Sounds like Mosport is awfully close to being confirmed for next year. Hopefully they can make adequate safety improvements by then. Awesome track, but a bad fast one too.

(TORONTO/BOWMANVILLE, ON – August 29, 2014) Green Savoree Racing Promotions and Canadian Tire Motorsport Park management have discussed the option of a Verizon IndyCar Series date at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in 2015.

A Verizon IndyCar track inspector has completed a full track inspection at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park and has provided recommendations.

“Understandably, the Toronto 2015 Pan Am & Parapan American Games have forced us to consider alternative dates and venues for next year's race. We have worked tirelessly to explore all options and are close to making an announcement regarding when and where we'll be racing in 2015,” said Charlie Johnstone, president, Honda Indy Toronto.

“Kim Green and Kevin Savoree are friends within the motorsports industry and we will do whatever we can to help maintain an IndyCar date in 2015 here in Canada, given the challenges of the 2015 Pan-Am Games,” said Myles Brandt, president and general manager at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. “We’d be happy to help.”

http://www.hondaindytoronto.com/mor...ions-and-canadian-tire-motorsport-park-update

So, Houston's gone. Shame that the series lost both Baltimore and Houston - those races were the Martinsville and Bristol of street/road courses.

I love IndyCar, just hate that all the good venues keep getting taken away and we keep getting stuck with races like Mid-Ohio and Alabama.

Milwaukee would be a great way to end the season. For many reasons.

What a mess. Seasons been over for a month and still no schedule for next year. I think it would make most sense to end the season with one of the three big events but if not I prefer it ending on an oval.

^ Getting shorter and shorter.

I liked the race at Brazil, but why can't the season be extended? IndyCar needs to build off of that momentum gained from last year. Man, this is really bothersome. You want to see this series succeed, but the schedule is just so... Ho-hum.

I love road courses but it's very hard to go against an oval as the finale. Just feels off.

april 12 nola track has ex st. pete pres ramsberger as gm now. andretti mktg.
don't know bout tha race.....but oughta be 1 hellava party tho !

Looks like Sonoma will be the finale, according to the newly released Pirelli World Challenge calendar.

March 6-8 — Circuit of The Americas**
March 27-29 — St. Petersburg*
April 17-19 — Long Beach* (GT/GT-Cup Only)
April 24-26 — Barber Motorsports Park*
May 15-17 — Canadian Tire Motorsport Park**
June 26-28 — Road America**
July 31-Aug. 2 — Mid-Ohio*
Aug. 21-23 — Miller Motorsports Park**
Aug. 28-30 — Sonoma Raceway*
Sept. 11-13 — Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca**

*Events with IndyCar
**Pirelli WC Headline Events

Looks like Sonoma will be the finale, according to the newly released Pirelli World Challenge calendar.

March 6-8 — Circuit of The Americas**
March 27-29 — St. Petersburg*
April 17-19 — Long Beach* (GT/GT-Cup Only)
April 24-26 — Barber Motorsports Park*
May 15-17 — Canadian Tire Motorsport Park**
June 26-28 — Road America**
July 31-Aug. 2 — Mid-Ohio*
Aug. 21-23 — Miller Motorsports Park**
Aug. 28-30 — Sonoma Raceway*
Sept. 11-13 — Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca**

*Events with IndyCar
**Pirelli WC Headline Events
That's actually good for me, personally. Although it would be neat if Milwaukee on Labor Day was the finale, that rumor caused a huge riff in my fam because we all go up to the lake cottages on Labor Day and it was like a major thing on who would go who wouldn't go.

I do think it's stupid they keep changing the Milwaukee Mile weekend every year. Stop moving it if you're trying to build a fanbase.

I didn't expect them to run the Circuit of the Americas. I figured F1 would have exclusive rights over the venues they run.

Back
Top Bottom