2015 Rolex 24 at Daytona Race Thread

Sounds very affordable minus the food and lodging. Right on!

Sounds very affordable minus the food and lodging. Right on!

I managed to get a hotel in Ormond Beach for about 70 per night really last minute. I booked maybe a week ahead. Probably could have gotten a better price if I had planned this out a little better. Good proximity to Daytona though. Food that the track sells is a rip off ($4 water/soda $4 hotdogs, etc...) but I guess they let you bring in anything except glass bottles. I brought in plenty of food, energy drinks, and bottled water with no problems.

Really enjoyed the 24, though i don't know if i'll do it again. Its one of those races I needed to cross off of the bucket list. Definitely worn out from it! It was very very cold over night. Then I got sunburned this afternoon (and i was sitting at the top row of my section which was pretty much covered by stands above). Really excellent view from the turn 1 grandstands. Other than a big Rolex billboard blocking some of the track, i could pretty much see the entire track.
The cold overnight was rough to deal with, If I would have went back to the room, or the car to nap i might have been a bit less worn out, but i know i would have just layed there for an hour unable to fall asleep knowing the race is going on and then just went back to the track! Really great racing throughout the whole day.

This sucks. WTR has dug a huge hole for itself in the team and driver championships now. Looks like they'll be Action Express's to lose.

http://www.imsa.com/articles/drive-time-violation-moves-no-10-prototype-team-last-class-rolex-24

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Jan. 30, 2015) – The No. 10 Wayne Taylor Racing Prototype team and drivers Jordan Taylor, Ricky Taylor and Max Angelelli have been reclassified as finishing last in the Prototype class in the Rolex 24 At Daytona due to a violation of drive-time rules. In the Rolex 24, the maximum drive time was no more than four hours in a six-hour period and no more than 14 hours total.

All Prototype teams and drivers finishing behind the No. 10 team will move up one position in the race standings. The No. 10 team and drivers will receive points for 16th place, last in class. The team also forfeits its third-place prize money, and was scored last in the final segment of the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup standings.

“IMSA conducted a thorough review of drive times post-race, which revealed that Jordan Taylor exceeded four hours over a six-hour period late in the race,” said IMSA Race Director Beaux Barfield. “Drive-time maximums are in place to ensure that drivers do not get fatigued and create safety concerns, as well as to prevent any one driver from making too large a contribution to its team’s result.”

Back
Top Bottom