2017 Chicago - Chicagoland 400 - Pre Race Thread

Every year Brad proves he is a ripe head trip during the playoffs.

Heck , I think your handle is hilarious! I laugh every time I see it (really :XXROFL:).

KyBu / Brad K & Logano is the kind of rivalries week in and week out that Nascar needs.
Spices the show up a bit.
I always think it's good that Kyle owns at least one brain besides his own. He's clearly trying to save mileage on the original; maybe he'll use the beater.:p

Wouldn't that be great?!
Depends on who you're a fan of :D. In all seriousness, they certainly deserve it but as a Chevy fan, I can't say I'd be happy about it. May the best car win! It's go time! :swords:

7th pole of the season for KB and 4 tenths faster then 2nd place lmao. I thought he only was good in lower divisions

Heck , I think your handle is hilarious! I laugh every time I see it (really :XXROFL:).

KyBu / Brad K & Logano is the kind of rivalries week in and week out that Nascar needs.
Spices the show up a bit.
I always think it's good that Kyle owns at least one brain besides his own. He's clearly trying to save mileage on the original; maybe he'll use the beater.:p

Hell, I'm not even a KuBu fan and go from not caring to being mildly upset with him, depending on the weekend.

What I do find funny is the amount of time and space he occupies with his critics.

Busch and Keselowski have been going at it for years. I enjoy every moment, tweet and dust up of it all.

Second practice...that ain't a Toyota at the top.

upload_2017-9-16_12-53-49.png

I'd say Toyota probably provides the best chassis while Chip Ganassi have the best engines at the moment.

These cars just maintain momentum so well today that it's put a premium on the chassis as opposed to actual engine power. Everyone's quick, it's just can your car grip it enough on the corner to handle it

I'd say Toyota probably provides the best chassis while Chip Ganassi have the best engines at the moment.

These cars just maintain momentum so well today that it's put a premium on the chassis as opposed to actual engine power. Everyone's quick, it's just can your car grip it enough on the corner to handle it

Lol I flipped them around. My bad

Dillon appears to have brought a good car to the track as well.

Is it my imagination or is it as plain as the Toyatabla butt he is kissing
Does Burtons son race a Toyota

Forecast calling for rain until about 11:00 a.m. local time.

Let's hope that they can get everything dried out by the scheduled start time (approximately 2:15 p.m.)

Per MRN:
Best 10 Consecutive Lap Average

Pos Car Driver From Lap To Lap Avg Speed
1 24 Chase Elliott (P) 1 10 176.416
2 2 Brad Keselowski (P) 1 10 176.303
3 20 Matt Kenseth (P) 1 10 175.846
4 31 Ryan Newman (P) 1 10 175.640
5 1 Jamie McMurray (P) 1 10 175.359
6 18 Kyle Busch (P) 11 20 175.215
7 3 Austin Dillon (P) 1 10 174.829
8 4 Kevin Harvick (P) 20 29 174.798
9 27 Paul Menard 1 10 174.131
10 43 Aric Almirola 1 10 174.035
11 41 Kurt Busch (P) 21 30 173.956
12 11 Denny Hamlin (P) 20 29 173.943
13 19 Daniel Suarez # 23 32 173.840
14 10 Danica Patrick 1 10 173.612
15 14 Clint Bowyer 9 18 173.221
16 17 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (P) 19 28 172.149
17 13 Ty Dillon # 20 29 172.052

Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass 2h2 hours ago

With the threat of rain, green flag of NASCAR Cup race moved 10 minutes earlier to 3:06 ET / 2:06 CT.

REALLY really like what I see out of the 24 this wknd. Very similar to last year when the chase started. I am a bit worried about this rain though and how the track will change.
That Jimmie Johnson article I posted in the everything Nascar thread had some insights about how teams have to continue to change things because of Nascar's constantly changing things during the season. They really do try to have all of their R&D work come together for the Chicago cars.

I think the #42 is in a pit that looks like what Chad Knaus would pick.

PitSelection.jpg

Ken Squire.. "will someone else provail, or will a young gun bring the #3 back to glory".. Every time he talks, he talks about the glory of the 3, and with Dillon not being competitive, it makes Ken Squire sound outdated. Sucks, because he's typically great

Oh Goodie 4 times thru inspections for Truex and the Jones boy. Wonder how bad they get hammered next week for practice times in time out.

Ken Squire.. "will someone else provail, or will a young gun bring the #3 back to glory".. Every time he talks, he talks about the glory of the 3, and with Dillon not being competitive, it makes Ken Squire sound outdated. Sucks, because he's typically great
might be because the 3 is showing speed for a change this week? Highest starting position all year, fast in practice also

Back
Top Bottom