2017 Chinese Grand Prix

FTFY

Alonso pushed like an animal all weekend... With no result, driveshaft is gone.
Honda have to seriously evaluate their involvement in F1 at this point. If you can't deliver with those resources after this long you might just need to pack up.

Honda have to seriously evaluate their involvement in F1 at this point. If you can't deliver with those resources after this long you might just need to pack up.

The thing is that even though Mclaren has plenty of cash, I mean is Honda really giving its all? I mean the director thought it would be a "Simple fix" to get the ICE and ERS system to be a top flight competitor. They are really going to have to make some type of decision though.

These last three years have been miserable for Honda and Mclaren.

The thing is that even though Mclaren has plenty of cash, I mean is Honda really giving its all? I mean the director thought it would be a "Simple fix" to get the ICE and ERS system to be a top flight competitor. They are really going to have to make some type of decision though.

These last three years have been miserable for Honda and Mclaren.
And McLaren were struggling their last couple of years with Mercedes power. Big problems on both sides still and they just exacerbate together.

Mercedes strategy is ****. What the **** are they doing.

Ugh...

Williams is going to be a hard watch this year. Felipe is still quick, but damn where was his pace during the first 1/4 of the race and the car still eats tires... Still struggling in the mixed conditions as well, not a good sign.

These broadcasters shamelessly on their knees. :rolleyes:

Hamilton had to earn that one.

And LOL Verstappen supposely being the next great thing and he cant even handle a little pressure. Please dont talk. *cries*

Bahrain next week with the new regulations...

I'm not holding my breath, but I think it will be good. The night races have been a hit.

I'm really pissed about Williams though, Stroll's crashes the day before wet weather testing really showed today.

Massa is going to have to do better than that though, I was displeased by his early race pace and when it dried, the speed showed.

/minirant

Really enjoyed that race. Kindof a bummer that Vettel got held up for a third of the race.

Tons of story lines though. Bottas ****ting the bed, Haas looking freaky fast, Alonso DNFing out of a points paying spot again, 3 different teams on the podium... ahhh.

I know passing is damn near impossible other than in chicanes, but ******* is it exciting.

Verstappen needs to stop being a bitch. Grosjean was 4 seconds ahead of him the final 15 laps.

PS: I don't know how you crackhead east coasters stay up until 5AM watching that noise. I was dozing by lap 20.

Pass of the day right here

Really enjoyed that race. Kindof a bummer that Vettel got held up for a third of the race.

Tons of story lines though. Bottas ****ting the bed, Haas looking freaky fast, Alonso DNFing out of a points paying spot again, 3 different teams on the podium... ahhh.

I know passing is damn near impossible other than in chicanes, but ******* is it exciting.

Verstappen needs to stop being a bitch. Grosjean was 4 seconds ahead of him the final 15 laps.

PS: I don't know how you crackhead east coasters stay up until 5AM watching that noise. I was dozing by lap 20.
I fell asleep a little after midnight and somehow woke up around lap 15. Alarms went off in my head I guess lol.

I think it says a lot about more than just aero wake if Red Bull can't catch a Haas from seconds back...

Alonso's fall from grace has not been pretty.

McLaren's fall from grace has not been pretty. Fred has just ben along for the ride and he gets more out of that sled than it deserves. That, and maybe it's not all McLaren. The drivers like the car, but they are not going to get any results until Honda pulls it's thumb out.

I think it says a lot about more than just aero wake if Red Bull can't catch a Haas from seconds back...

It's not impossible to believe if the track were dry we would have seen zero passes of any kind. They really need to peel the wings back on these cars and give them some tunnels.

I fell asleep a little after midnight and somehow woke up around lap 15. Alarms went off in my head I guess lol.

True, I would expect the Haas car to be eaten alive right there regardless of turbulence.

Those who follow Indycar knew the moment they saw the new F1 cars that they would not race well. Upper body downforce creates far more turbulence than underbody downforce.

Who makes these rules anyway? If they have any idea what they are doing they would have known this was not the best way. They were so obsessed with how the cars look that they didn't pay attention to making them race well with each other.

And that's the thing about F1 that annoys me. They do so many artificial and phony things that it's just not real any more. DRS is bad enough, but the tires designed to have a specific rate of degradation is just plain phony. Requiring multiple compounds instead of allowing the teams to choose what is fastest, is also a phony trick.

Now instead of making the cars able to follow each other and maybe take a swing at each other once in awhile, Formula One thought it was more important to make the cars look cool. They do look cool, but that sort of wears off after they trundle around parade style for half the race, or in Australia, all of the race.

This race, however, did have some entertaining moments, but at 3am it was difficult to see much nodding off now and then. There were some great passes, but you have to wonder if in the dry the cars could have gotten close enough to even try. I think in this case with the super long straight it was DRS that allowed cars to close in spite of the turbulence.

Just caught up and watched via DVR. Definitely a better race than the Australian GP.

Embarrassing error for Bottas. Verstappen may be a whiner, but he's a hell of a driver, and 3rd was an impressive result from where he started. Raiokkonen continues to under-perform. Looking forward to next week.

McLaren.....since Niki and Alain drove , ive been a fan ( i'm 50) Tell ya what they need to do. Tell Honda to stick it , fly to Germany and go see Porsche. They were great once and can be again.

Back
Top Bottom