2017 Global Rallycross

toledo47

Team Owner
C3qkMy3W8AEbqfe.jpg

This is a terrible schedule. Daytona, DC and Jacksonville (NC) all off? No races in Texas or the Southeast at all?

They might as well just race in LA, Boston, Indianapolis and Seattle next year.

It's time for some purpose-built North American RX tracks.

The European tracks are so rad. I know of several perfect pieces of land. Can anyone give me a small loan of like 20mil?

I see that LA will only be one round this year. I went on Saturday last year and the crowd was decent.

This is a terrible schedule. Daytona, DC and Jacksonville (NC) all off? No races in Texas or the Southeast at all?

They might as well just race in LA, Boston, Indianapolis and Seattle next year.

I wonder if Red Bull is putting less money into the series? They changed all of their social media accounts to GRCSeries from RedBullGRC. Seems like an odd thing to do.
Some events like DC and and New River, i'm sure are quite expensive to put together, and the race in NC, they didn't even charge admission for fans to attend.
Doesn't seem like they could be profitable for the series.
I prefer their races in the temporary parking lot circuits like DC and Las Vegas, but i'm sure it has gotta be a lot cheaper to put on races at short tracks like Evergreen and Thompson...
The schedule isn't perfect, but when they only have 8 race weekends in a year, they can't make everyone happy...

I wonder if Red Bull is putting less money into the series? They changed all of their social media accounts to GRCSeries from RedBullGRC. Seems like an odd thing to do.
Some events like DC and and New River, i'm sure are quite expensive to put together, and the race in NC, they didn't even charge admission for fans to attend.
Doesn't seem like they could be profitable for the series.
I prefer their races in the temporary parking lot circuits like DC and Las Vegas, but i'm sure it has gotta be a lot cheaper to put on races at short tracks like Evergreen and Thompson...
The schedule isn't perfect, but when they only have 8 race weekends in a year, they can't make everyone happy...
The New River race was only for military too. Which is a shame, there are A LOT of race fans out that way. Carteret County Speedway packs them in every race they have. Maybe GRC should have run there.

It's time for some purpose-built North American RX tracks.

The European tracks are so rad. I know of several perfect pieces of land. Can anyone give me a small loan of like 20mil?

I see that LA will only be one round this year. I went on Saturday last year and the crowd was decent.

Would be cool, but
The New River race was only for military too.
Not true actually. The first year it was open to the public. Second year was a double header, first day was military only, day 2 was open to the public. Although day 2 ended up getting rained out. I think it is BS to have a big race like that not open to the general public though... Charge admission and give all the money to a charity for injured vets or something...

IDK about GRC... but Carteret should bring in some kind of touring series. At least PASS South or CARS Tour... K&N would be really awesome though

Since this thread got a well-timed bump and it's fresh on my mind, World Rallycross starts this weekend in Barcelona. They should be streaming on YouTube on the World RX Channel. They were last year anyways...

Wish they'd go back to Vegas during SEMA.

Me too, I went to the final 2 races they had at the Linq and across from the Luxor. Those were awesome events! Anything is a good excuse to go to Vegas anyway.
No GRC, but there is a new electric rallycross series that has been announced and their first race is supposed to be at Vegas during SEMA.
They have not really announced any other details though.
http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=59edb2fd70a58c987476c3b57&id=91d483ca6e
http://speedleague.org

First race was today. Tape delayed coverage is on NBC tomorrow at 1pm eastern

Crazy round going on right now. Only 3 races left in the season and Austin Cindric just wiped out Scott Speed. It was clearly an accident because Cindric was trying to go to the joker lane and Speed wasn't so they clipped, but it seemed like Cindric assumed Speed was going joker too. Just a mess. Speed gave the kid a serious ear full regarding championship implications.

Austin keeps on winning them over in every discipline. Lmao.

yeah I haven't been following that close. These guys always put on a show. Glad it is on the tube today.

This track layout is very fun

Austin Cindric running GRC this week and got in an accident with points leader Scott Speed which ened in a face to face confrontation where Speed called Cindic a spoiled rich kid.

Everyone who complains about the chase in Nascar should listen to Scott Speed's description of his racing strategy for the final one-third of the season, and then tell me why they like it. Don't race anyone, don't even get close to anyone, and don't even think of winning. Just cruise and collect. Bleh!! I don't blame Speed. I blame the system. (It was exactly the same when Chris Buescher won his Xfinity title in 2015... "I'm racing like I'm in a bubble.")

Everyone who complains about the chase in Nascar should listen to Scott Speed's description of his racing strategy for the final one-third of the season, and then tell me why they like it. Don't race anyone, don't even get close to anyone, and don't even think of winning. Just cruise and collect. Bleh!! I don't blame Speed. I blame the system. (It was exactly the same when Chris Buescher won his Xfinity title in 2015... "I'm racing like I'm in a bubble.")
same thing is going to happen on a micro scale in the playoffs. Driver wins the first race and has a lock for the second round. Probably won't push very hard. Talk about a lop sided manufacturer race in GRC The bugs have won almost every race. Quiet as it is kept in the U.S., Volkswagen is the number 2 manufacturer in the world behind Renault/Nissan.

Back
Top Bottom