2017 Rookie Class

Fordracing7

2018 Pick em Champion
The contenders

13 Ty Dillon Germain racing Chevrolet
19 Daniel Saurez JGR Toyota
77 Erik Jones Furniture Row Toyota

Pretty good class if you ask me...I'll Give my nod to Jones as most probably would.

Its hard to say if any will win considering the competition is so tough after all look how talented Larson is and how long it took. Chase, Ryan still have to get there too.

Any other predictions?

Really think Suarez has jumped ahead of Jones. He drives smart and Eric tends to be a bit aggressive at times and it has hurt him. Actually think Suarez wins a race this year. I don't expect a lot from Ty but I do feel he's better than Austin. I think Gary Gaulding is also running for Rookie of the Year In the 30 car but I'm not sure if he's full time or not.

That 19 team was really rolling good at the end of the year. They had super fast cars at the last three mile and a halves.

Yeah, good class. Jones was likely to be ROTY until Suarez was handed a Final Four car. Should be an interesting competition, depending on how badly NASCAR screws up the actual racing.

Really hoping that Erik and Suarez do well and take time to LEARN. They both have a tendency to drive over their heads and get themselves in trouble. Both could have doubled their win totals over the past 2 seasons in Trucks and Xfinity with just a touch of finesse and patience. But they've got good teammates to lean on!

Suarez will probably be more consistent this year, but I'll take Jones for ROTY based on the points system they use for the award.

I think Suarez will have a slight advantage in team and maybe equipment....giving him the edge for
ROY.
But I think Erik Jones has more upside long term.
Interesting to see them both as JGR teamates in a year or so.

I got to see Erik Jones, Suarez and Ty Dillon in person this past summer at Iowa. I never would have guessed all three would be full-time cup regulars next year. Suarez took pole but got a bad start. Had a good car but once he was in traffic he started hitting the wall and eventually bent his hood pretty bad and was done. Jones looked like a man on a mission, you knew he wasn't going to be denied. Fast car, good enough on restarts, consistent on the long runs and led the most laps. However the one that impressed me the most was actually Ty. Took the lead on pit stops with 50 to go and got a great jump over Jones. Everyone knew Jones in 2nd had the better car and was faster but Ty held him off until 10 to go despite being under pressure the whole time.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that it will be Ty winning ROY over the Toyota drivers.

It will be between Jones and Suarez, Jones will get out to a better start of the year since he has raced a Cup car a few times I can't imagine Daniel has ever done more then maybe test in one. But much like the Xfinity championship last year I think Daniel outlasts Eric for ROY.

Back
Top Bottom