2017 Season 1

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
So the preliminary 2017 Season 1 Schedule is out, so far it seems like the SK Modified schedule remains unchanged. Which I was kind of disappointed to see. I was hoping we'd go to Bristol instead of Phoenix for this season. Ah well, maybe in Season 2.

Yeah I have read that is the "preliminary" schedule. i.e. the new content wasn't added.

Can't read that at work, what does it say?

Any news on what the updates will be? It's been very quiet.

Saw the forum you linked last night. Doesn't sound like a lot of new content is ready this time around. Sounds like they plan to release an update mid season though. I'm surprised the ferrari isn't ready yet.

So the new release notes are out and there don't seem to be many changes, however the download was huge! So I have to think there was something big that was developed but not talked about yet.
I also thought it was interesting that they made the RUF the pace car. Why would they change that out of the blue?

So they announced Porsche GT3 Cup car is to be released January of 2017, but they also said dirt would come out in 2016 so I'm not counting on Jan of 2017. I know some folks aren't into road racing on here, but it is a good change for pace for me when I don't feel like racing ovals. I also heard that there is a Ferrari on the way but no dates were provided so that could be a fantasy right now.

I'm racing the A cup car this season and it is kind of weird since it is the "off" season. The schedule is a little different and we are racing tracks that aren't normally on the schedule, i.e. Rockingham and Iowa. I like the change of pace but it just feels weird and there are a lot of drivers around that don't normally drive the open A series. I think this is because the longer NiCS cup series is off right now.

Anyway, happy new year to all everyone here and happy driving!

Ok, so the A Cup series is at the Rock this week and all I can think of is this is exactly the kind of track that NASCAR needs right now. It is bumpy as hell, fast, high banked, and the banking isn't messed up. The bumps in the corners really play a roll when trying to pass cleanly.

I'm affraid, that the current cars being used would never stand up to the harsh conditions at the Rock in the real world, but man it is fun to drive!

Ok, so the A Cup series is at the Rock this week and all I can think of is this is exactly the kind of track that NASCAR needs right now. It is bumpy as hell, fast, high banked, and the banking isn't messed up. The bumps in the corners really play a roll when trying to pass cleanly.

I'm affraid, that the current cars being used would never stand up to the harsh conditions at the Rock in the real world, but man it is fun to drive!

Been watching a lot of streamers this week on twitch and it has been fun watching them drive their trucks around the rock. track does look bumpy as hell. I need to work to get out of D so I can race those trucks!

Raced the Open A last night at Charlotte and got put in the top split. Was ranked 28 of 29 and started 28. I pretty much got my butt kicked all race long but I had a terrible pit strategy so it wasn't my best race. I did manage to finish 23rd and only lost 19 irating points. So not too terrible of a day but certainly wanted to do better. I have an irating around 2700 and most of the rest of the field was well into the 3k and 4k range. Some 5k guys were in there too. I managed to stay on the lead lap until the 2nd pit stop and then I just got buried.
Oh well, always fun to race with the big dawgs every once in a while. I should go back and see if I recognize any of the names. I never really pay attention to who I'm racing with. lol

Back
Top Bottom