1:30 PM, MENCS Dover final practice, NBCSN
2:30 PM, NXS Countdown to Green, NBCSN
3:00 PM, NXS Dover race, NBCSN
5:00 PM, NXS Post Race, NBCSN

Sunday, October 7
1:30 PM, MENCS Countdown to Green, NBCSN
2:00 PM, MENCS Dover race, NBCSN
5:30 PM, MENCS Post Race, NBCSN

I'm debating going, never been there for the fall race. I just get back from vacation the night before so I don't know

I’ll also be there :D

Love Dover
Dover is my favorite track I've attended. Been to Pocono, Richmond, Bristol (new version), Daytona, and Loudon but there's no view like high in turn 1 at Dover to me. The racing is pretty good too.

Dover is my favorite track I've attended. Been to Pocono, Richmond, Bristol (new version), Daytona, and Loudon but there's no view like high in turn 1 at Dover to me. The racing is pretty good too.
I raise you high in turn 3/4 at Dover :D

I raise you high in turn 3/4 at Dover :D
That's a great view too, but for some reason I prefer having the cars come at me. In 2001 I had top row way over in turn 3, but those stands are gone.

That's a great view too, but for some reason I prefer having the cars come at me. In 2001 I had top row way over in turn 3, but those stands are gone.
I think its cause I'm used to it but I love watching the loose cars come up off the corner and snap sideways. TV never does Dover justice.

I like that you get good sight lines around the entire track. I’m going low turn 4 this time around.

Usual suspects
GO-400-Logo-SM.png

Dover International Speedway
Sunday, October 7 | 2:00 PM ET

upload_2018-10-1_21-41-45.png

I’ve almost sat everything at Dover (expect the old seats in the beginning of turn 3) and I really don’t think there is a bad seat in the place

Where is your preferred seat at? I've always wanted to go to a race at Dover. Not going to make it this year but I may go next Spring or Fall. How are the seats in turn 1?

I prefer sitting high near turn 4 because I like being able to see the guys coming into the pit. There isn't a bad seat though but I wouldn't sit in the lower sections.

This will be the second year in a row I don't make a trip down to Dover after not missing a race for almost a decade. Just don't feel like it's worth the time and money to get down there anymore and opting to just watch on TV instead.

I've always been right at pit entrance, and that can get real entertaining

Where is your preferred seat at? I've always wanted to go to a race at Dover. Not going to make it this year but I may go next Spring or Fall. How are the seats in turn 1?
Turn 1 is my favorite place to sit for sure. Just make sure your seat is in section 224 or lower because seats in 225-227 Get blocked a little by the building in turn 1. Anything in the higher sections though is a great view, all the way around.

Bumped this because it was way too low on the main.

Can’t wait!

So the last couple years we have made a trip from our home in Oregon to New York City to visit my daughter and combined that with a trip to a NASCAR race afterwards. Last year we went to Dover for the first time. Really enjoyed it, nice track/facilities, pics with Miles, and great view of the whole track from high up in turn 4. We were right above the Pit Stop (all you can eat BBQ and drinks) on the mezzanine level so it was really easy and quick to run down the steps and grab a beer or a sandwich or hit the bathroom on a yellow flag and be back for the restart. Wasn't the the greatest BBQ but was well worth it.

The previous year we did the same thing but that time we went to New Hampshire. That was great too but I definitely preferred Dover. At New Hampshire we had a great view of the whole track from way up in turn 1 but it was a long trek to go all the way down the steps to the ground level to use bathrooms and get food/drink. Could not accomplish that on a yellow, so missed some racing, not to mention the climb back up the steps was a killer for an old fart.

Thinking of doing Pocono or maybe Watkins Glen in the future. But I definitely would like to go back to Dover in a heartbeat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Doesn't the starting order for qualifying rain outs in the regular season get determined by practice speeds?

That's a killer for the bottom 4 guys if they don't get to qualify, you can make up a ton of points just based on where you actually start the race. Instead, by starting in order of points, even more points will get added to their existing deficit at the start of the race. Albeit not a ton, every point matters. Sucks.

Headed down after work today. That 42 has serious speed this weekend. Can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom