2018 Northwest 200

Seeley wins his 22 race at the NW 200.

BBC SPORT NI‏Verified account @BBCSPORTNI
#NW200 Supersport Race RESULT 1) Alastair Seeley (22 NW200 wins) 2) James Hillier 3) Lee Johnston LIVE North West 200 Thursday racing http://bbc.in/2wRZe1O

DdajIbdUQAAsj-y.png

Epic finish and win for Peter Hickman.:punkrocke

Peter Hickman produces a sensational late overtaking maneuver to pip Alastair Seeley by 0.578 seconds and earns his first North West 200 win in Superstock Race 1.

Michael Dunlop occupies the other podium spot 1.15 seconds behind Hickman with Rutter a further second back in fourth.

James Hillier and Dean Harrison complete the top six.

8040b9dc-4e52-4c41-bd39-efb0122a02e7.png

Bummer.

https://www.roadracingdaily.com/races/north-west-200/
cache_34125293.jpeg

William Dunlop - Photo by Mick Cooke
WILLIAM DUNLOP OUT OF THE NORTH WEST 200

William Dunlop will not contest the remainder of the North West 200 following a crash in Thursday evening’s Superstock race.

The Ballymoney man sustained heavy bruising to his back and has made the decision not to race on Saturday.

Speaking about the incident Dunlop had this to say:

‘We have made big steps forward with the superbike and and I am disappointed that I won’t have the chance to ride.”

It‘s a blow for the Temple Golf Club rider and will no doubt come as a huge disappointment for the local crowd with Dunlop being a firm fan favourite.

We wish William well with his recovery.

And they are off. Glenn Irwin with a great start. What an awesome race!

Seeley has already won 2 races today and is 5th on the first lap.

Awesome ride by Irwin and 2 wins for him today. Quite the awesome burnout as well.

Irwin doubles up

North West 200 Superbike Race Two

Glenn Irwin wins the second Superbike race, dominating from start to finish.

British Superbike star pulled away from a high-quality field to secure his second 'big bike' success of the day.

The 28-year-old British Superbike star has won the last three Superbike races at the Triangle circuit, having taken the honours in last year's feature.

It was not the exciting duel served up in 2017 by Irwin and Alastair Seeley, but the Ducati victor punches the air as he takes the applause from the fans.

It is a Northern Irish 1-2-3 as Michael Dunlop is runner-up ahead of third-placed Lee Johnston.

Irwin celebrates by throwing his boots into the crowd.

3cfb9159-0406-4938-8992-7d72403cd075.png

Welp, bummer I missed races today, but I got to watch the biggest race of the NW 200 where Irwin smoked the field. The Thursday races were awesome and my favorite rider Peter Hickman scored his first NW win.l. Awesome racing with no major crashes or injuries were had, and that's always a great thing. Highlights and race results can all be seen from the link below.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/northern-ireland/43801720

North West 200 races

So the curtain comes down on a terrific North West 200 meeting.

Ducati rider Glenn Irwin may take the headlines by becoming the first man for 12 years to win both Superbike races.

But the man of the meeting award goes to Alastair Seeley who won today's Supersport and Superstock races.

So three wins overall in the meeting for 38-year-old Seeley and now has a remarkable record 24 wins at the North West.

Hats off too to James Cowton who won the Supertwin races 0- his maiden North West victory.

Thanks for following all the action with us. Goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom