2018 Richmond - Toyota Owners 400 - Pre-Race Thread

Practice #2
upload_2018-4-20_12-39-14.png

https://www.nascar.com/results/race...r-cup-series/toyota-owners-400/stn/practice1/

Is this the first year back to a night race? I liked the two or three day races they ran, but it didn’t sound like the track sold tickets as well. Hopefully it’s still pretty warm and the track races well.

Hemric 6th in his second Cup practice, at a short track, is nothing short of amazing.

Looks like he fixed something in the suspension, up to 6 or 7 on the leader board. Before that, he was pretty despondent about getting it fixed before tomorrow.
Gotcha...thanks
He’s fast. Folks are gonna learn this weekend.
Eh....that top 10 looks a little suspect to me. Seems the bulk of the consistent competitors are mid pack, for some reason. Look at positions 2, 3, 10, and 12.....9 and 7 not usual suspects either....

This is somewhat deceiving. Part of the field ran a few qualifying laps in the first practice and the rest ran theirs in the second practice.

Look at the 10 lap average on MRN.com. Those with big one lap numbers are where they should be....

Elliott with solid 10 lap numbers for the 2nd week in a row, maybe this week we'll get to see more than 3 laps.

And dear, sweet Mother Nature has relented --- the weather is going to be beautiful
Sure wish I was there.
Jeff Gluck‏Verified account @jeff_gluck
The coolest part is this new fan walk inside the garages. It’s part of the infield ticket and you will be able to go VERY close to the cars as they work on them (starting in September).
DbPbibJX0AcYxll.jpg

And dear, sweet Mother Nature has relented --- the weather is going to be beautiful
Sure wish I was there.
The coolest part is this new fan walk inside the garages. It’s part of the infield ticket and you will be able to go VERY close to the cars as they work on them (starting in September).
DbPbibJX0AcYxll.jpg

That's sweet, Vegas trend really has caught on, its really cool for the fans to see what goes on in the garage.

Sure wish I was there.
DbPbibJX0AcYxll.jpg

There doing the same thing at PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY (i will never call PIR ISM raceway)

My girlfriend's 4 year old was given a lug nut from Chase Elliott's Mountain Dew car for the clash back in February. Crew man handed it to him right thru the window in the garage.

I think I was more excited than he was :D

Man what happened with Kyle Busch

He didn't reall blaim them, I didn't hear that.
I didn't hear that, either. I think he made the mistake in not running a bit harder. The tires were getting better with more laps.
He said "for some reason it took the tires seven laps to come in and we only ran two laps". Whose fault was that? He could of ran more laps. Besides I can bitch occasionally if I wanna. :p

If Roush was only consistent, Stenhouse could compete over a race more often. He could win on one of the short tracks this year

Dude can nail a qualifying lap already in that ****box.
happens all the time they show up with a decent car and pit after pit it gets worse

Richmond has gotta be up there in the rankings for the track that's reduced seating by the most percentage

Back
Top Bottom