THE RACE: 1000 BULBS.COM Monster Energy Cup Series Race

TRACK
: Talladega Motor Speedway

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #31 of 36

Date: Sunday, October 14th, 2018, Talladega AL

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 2:15 pm/et
=======================================

All Times E/T
Only Cup and the Truck's are racing this week. Xfinity has the week off.
The Cup race is over the air this week on NBC and the Trucks are on FOX.

Friday, October 12

10:00 AM, NCWTS Talladega practice, FS2
11:30 AM, NCWTS Talladega final practice, FS2

Saturday, October 13
9:00 AM, NCWTS Talladega qualifying, FS2
11:00 AM, MENCS Talladega final practice, NBCSN
12:30 PM, NCWTS Pre Race, FOX
1:00 PM, NCWTS Talladega race, FOX
4:30 PM, MENCS Talladega qualifying, NBCSN

Sunday, October 14
1:00 PM, MENCS Countdown to Green, NBCSN
2:00 PM, MENCS Talladega race, NBC
6:00 PM, MENCS Post Race, NBCSN

It’s going to be extra weird not watching Dale Jr race in this race.....for some reason I always equated the Talladega fall race with him racing/winning there. Must let go of the past ha ha Chase is in the semi finals

Two hyenas and Jr who just waits for them to finish.
I dunno, Jr was great when he did guest commentary last year (Xfinity?), but this year now that he's full time he has gone to high pitch yelling just like Burton. Sad thing is last week at Charlotte I listened to the tv feed channel through my scanner near the end and their mics are hot during commercial breaks. They actually sounded normal then. Discussing the race, what to cover when the get back, points situation, etc. As soon as the producer told them go, it was back to the screeching.

Two hyenas and Jr who just waits for them to finish.
Throw tomatoes whatever, Jr is one of the hyenas, and then when he is talking normally instead of screaming? He clips his words and talks so fast and I find myself thinking what the hell is he doing that for, they are running caution laps. :D

Throw tomatoes whatever, Jr is one of the hyenas, and then when he is talking normally instead of screaming? He clips his words and talks so fast and I find myself thinking what the hell is he doing that for, they are running caution laps. :D

They all yack, but I like the energy. You can tell Letarte, Burton, and Jr love it... Just love goes a bit too far sometimes.lol

They all yack, but I like the energy. You can tell Letarte, Burton, and Jr love it... Just love goes a bit too far sometimes.lol

They’re like auctioneers. Get paid by the word apparently. It would be okay if 95% of it wasn’t useless banter about the dumb playoff, and trying to create false hype or drama where it isn’t needed.

He's terrible at plate tracks, he is definitely in trouble atm.
Wouldn't say he's terrible at plate tracks. He's almost won a few of them. (2017 Daytona 500, 2017 Talladega Fall come to mind.) He's just always in a wreck and most of the time it's not even his fault. Need lots of luck.

Wouldn't say he's terrible at plate tracks. He's almost won a few of them. (2017 Daytona 500, 2017 Talladega Fall come to mind.) He's just always in a wreck and most of the time it's not even his fault. Need lots of luck.

Yeah, he has had some bad luck. Yet, it seems like he doesn't really enjoy them either. He should stay aggressive and stay up front for a good chance this coming Sunday.

As of now the last Talladega plate race...technically

18_1000Bulbs.com-500_C.png

Talladega Superspeedway
Sunday, October 14 | 2:00 PM ET
upload_2018-10-8_17-41-7.png

Anyone else thinking Larson is in real danger here?
Yes.

The Xfinity summer Daytona race was "won" by Larson, but other than that, I can not think of any time that he's actually had a good plate race.

Hoping Truex completely reverses his fortunes this time. When's the last time he even got to finish here?

Yes.

The Xfinity summer Daytona race was "won" by Larson, but other than that, I can not think of any time that he's actually had a good plate race.
Truex and Larson have almost identical finish position stats for Dega, 21st. Truex has had way more attempts. Neither are that good at it.

Truex and Larson have almost identical finish position stats for Dega, 21st. Truex has had way more attempts. Neither are that good at it.
Yikes. At least one of them is somewhat "safe".

FWIW, this is the one of two DEGA races on TV I do my best to watch live (at home), I always DVR it just in case, but if possible I am in real time with this one.:)

Preview of the broadcast...

The big one
Points matter
The big one
Points matter
The big one
Points matter
The big one
Points matter
____ wins at Talladega
Don't forget after every "big one" , that will be huge final 10 races implications

Back
Top Bottom