2019/2020 Fall/Winter Weather Thread

BREAD & MILK ALERT! BREAD & MILK ALERT! WOOP WOOP <that's the alert siren...:)>
Guessers say snow starting shortly after noon and accumulating to 1 inch or so [OH GODS] before rain comes in tonight and washes it away. Sometime tomorrow more snow with the possibility of upwards of 3 [THREE] inches!

48 degrees out here at work tonight, feels like my hands are about to freeze off

Three tornadoes in the three of the counties next to me. Gonna be a long weather evening.

What winter?

Just checked the long rage forecast back home and it looks like it'll remain in the 70s for weeks.

Going to be another brutal summer. Mild winters, which are now the norm, always yield record shattering summers.

December 28th and we are currently under a tornado watch. Not entirely uncommon here in Southern Missouri, but not too common either.

December 28th and we are currently under a tornado watch. Not entirely uncommon here in Southern Missouri, but not too common either.
I saw that last night. I'm currently in the Jefferson City area. I got alerts up here for your warning area. The storm rolled up through here later in the evening rocking me in my sleep in my truck.

Waiting for the sprint cars to get here. Might go to Volusia. You go to any of the sprint car races when they come to Florida?

Local NWS just put something out about how we're going to see another warmer than average winter, for like the fifth time in the last six years.

Climate change sucks.

Local NWS just put something out about how we're going to see another warmer than average winter, for like the fifth time in the last six years.

Climate change sucks.

It ain't climate change, it is just the climate. I have lived in Florida all but 8 years of my 67 year life, life, and have spent most christmas seasons in shorts.

We had about two days of slightly above average temperatures (highs in the 50s, lows in the 30s) and now spring is back.

:(

The bug population is going to be horrendous this year. We've only had two nights below freezing, and only barely. It's normal for temperatures to be up and down in the winter, but this year, they're either average temperatures, above average temperatures, or well above average temperatures.

Silver lining: Farmer's Almanac said it's supposed to be a cooler than average summer here - but with up to five landfalling hurricanes.

My allergies are also really bad this spring for some reason. Since we don't have winter in North Carolina anymore due to global warming, bring on summer.

24-A7-B0-B4-3016-4299-9951-D55-C2-E141-B28.jpg

We've had rain every day this year except New Year's day.

The early part of Superbowl Sunday for me will be spent hiking some of the local trails. With a high of 72 degrees and sunny, I feel it will be too nice of a Winter day to just stay inside.

Had a tornado touch down just a little ways on from me and my grandmother. Miraculously, no properties were damaged, including our own house and vehicles. However, fast forward to two weeks later, and we are still facing plenty of cleaning up being done up and down the road. Trees and power lines bore the brunt of the storm, and while we were fortunate to have ours cut back on within a day, other people have not been so lucky.

Back
Top Bottom