2019 24 Hours of Le Mans

Jan Magnussen has crashed the #63 Corvette, they'll lose several laps in the pits.
The #86 Ford which is leading in the GTE-Am class has suffered minor damage but will be able to continue on.

The Ferrari's are driving wide this morning, and the #81 BMW crapped out with 2 hours to go.

Jan Magnussen has crashed the #63 Corvette, they'll lose several laps in the pits.
The #86 Ford which is leading in the GTE-Am class has suffered minor damage but will be able to continue on.
Jan hasn't very good this week, early in the race he wasn't on the pace either. It sucks that that's the way the C7.R will go out here.

I think the best finish will be in GTE-Am, with the Keating Ford trying to hold on.

Jan hasn't very good this week, early in the race he wasn't on the pace either. It sucks that that's the way the C7.R will go out here.

I think the best finish will be in GTE-Am, with the Keating Ford trying to hold on.
GTE-Am will be really interesting. The #85 got a penalty for not shutting off the engine during the pit stop and it looks like Bleekemolen will get back into the car for the final hour.

And another one probably. Smh.

Ben races in IMSA where that's allowed, probably forgot in the moment. Damn.

The penalty for the #85 was because they had wheelspin when they left they pits.:bsflag:
Sounds like they only got caught because the FIA/ACO people were there watching the nose change they made them do. No doubt other people have spun the tires all race.

Why is that even forbidden?

I'm guessing safety too. There's a lot of people just standing on pit road for no good reason staring down cars... saw one car peel out and crew members few boxes down just stand there like they're claiming their territory. Much different pit road than being behind a wall, open garages etc whatever.

NASCAR fans would lose their minds at these penalties lol.

Classic endurance race heartbreak for the #7 driver's. We'll never know for sure, but I think they were too conservative on speed making it back to pit road.

Man, that was so useless at the end.
Can't wait for Aston to join the party in 2021.
The TS050 is still pretty much the same car as in 2016, I guess?

Yes, the TS050 is pretty old now for LMP1 standards. This **** makes me miss Porsche and even Peugeot breaking down almost every other year...:(

What a great victory for Ferrari in GT Pro. Good pace, no crashes, no penalties. That #51 roared like a waterfall... relentless and unstoppable. To bad the Corvette wasn't there to battle it out.

LMP1 was as weak as GT Pro was strong. The rivalry between the 7 and the 8 was mildly interesting, and so cruel at the end. Didn't the 7 pit three times with an hour to go?

Toyota driver aids (tire pressure sensors) reminds me of Boeing anti-dive aids... when you really need to turn it off, it won't let you. No bueno.

Man, that was so useless at the end.
Can't wait for Aston to join the party in 2021.
The TS050 is still pretty much the same car as in 2016, I guess?
Too bad they spent so much time waffling on finalizing the new regs because another full season of this Toyota crap is going to be hard to watch. I’ll tune out until Brazil or Sebring next year.

Busted on fuel tank capacity.

Seems weird to me that only one of the two U.S.-based Fords would fail...

According to the FIA Stewards Report, the team explained they were unable to do a calibration check of the fuel tank following the BoP change made on June 10 that saw all GTE-Pro cars gain 1 liter of additional fuel.

It’s believed the Indianapolis-based squad had shipped the cars over with the understanding of running with a 96-liter fuel tank, as laid out in the initial BoP.
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/no-68-ford-disqualified-for-fuel-infringement/

Keating, a class act as always, accepted responsibility for the #85 failing and will not appeal.
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/keating-responds-to-le-mans-disqualification/

Back
Top Bottom