2019 -- Daytona 500 -- Pre-Race Thread

Looks like the Duels are an hour later

Hell I'm all confused now, even more so than usual. It's kinda like the "Who's on first" deal.

Edit: That's the way the TV listing has it though.

I hear that. The Fox guy has it later also

upload_2019-2-14_8-15-26.png

Really looking forward to Sr.-Gordon special after the duels.

As for the duels. I'm hoping they're boring as hell. There's simply no reason to take any chance/risk for a meaningless starting position.

I maybe the only one who preferred the Duels in the afternoon. I didn't mind burning a half-day of vacation to watch them. Obviously they draw better TV ratings at night.

I am in California working and they will be afternoon races, you could move I guess. :D

All kidding aside, I liked the afternoon races also. Living in Fla. I have been to a bunch of them over the years.

I think the 88 blew it personally. The 24, 9,and 48 look like clear pit stalls
Eh, the #88 has nothing to gain. Maybe letting the #9 have the front row will help Chase nail down third and start behind. By that logic, the #24 should have yielded the front to the #48, so I obviously am just poking around in the dark.

Eh, the #88 has nothing to gain. Maybe letting the #9 have the front row will help Chase nail down third and start behind. By that logic, the #24 should have yielded the front to the #48, so I obviously am just poking around in the dark.
we all have been. It's a mind twister. I thought maybe it was to be close to the starting line for whatever reason and that doesn't make any sense also.

Reactions: Pat
we all have been. It's a mind twister. I thought maybe it was to be close to the starting line for whatever reason and that doesn't make any sense also.
Might make sense if he was on the other side of the S/F line, a la Burton and Stoddard. But he isn't...

I'll go with both..and then I can change my mind afterwards :rolleyes: I think they need to take the top 5 survivors from both and have a run off.

The Gordon/Earnhardt rivalry itself is really overplayed. They were only actualy rivals on track for like 2 seasons. Other than that Gordon was blowing his doors off. It’s the fan rivalry thats the real story.
I’d rather have seen an Earnhardt vs Geoff Bodine documentary. Those boys were trying to kill each other

I’d rather have seen an Earnhardt vs Geoff Bodine documentary. Those boys were trying to kill each other

1988 600 Earnhardt got a 5 lap penalty for wrecking Bodine in turn 3. This was after a dust up the day before in the Busch race. The two met with Big Bill in Daytona to try and clear the air.

Back
Top Bottom