2019 DXC Technology 600

Gosh Indy Car is so bad ass
IndyCar is in a good place right now. The car is great, the pipeline of new faces and talent
is brimming, and the on track action is just awesome. Couple that with "I don't know who is
going to win the race" and its good entertainment. I am glad we are finally here. Some
of those IRL split years were painful.

Just finished watching the DVR. Pit strategy put the #2 in front, large cojones kept it there after the last restart. I picked a good season to climb on the Newgarden bandwagon.

Yeah... Texas seats 112,000+ and they did a decent job of filling up the middle. Probably 30-35K, maybe 40 if generous.
Eddie got a discount on the sanctioning fee for opening up the geographic exclusivity and allowing them to run at COTA, so he's probably okay with that. I think any dip in attendance could probably be attributed in part to the racing with the repave last year too. Last night was noticeably better and I think it'll continue to trend that way as the track ages.

I am glad we are finally here. Some of those IRL split years were painful.

Yeah, but at least the racing was good, and one year we had something like 30-35 races. Of course that couldn't last forever, but it was fun while it lasted.

Maybe the most fun of the split was watching how crazy people were on the forums.

Definitely plenty of big balls moves at Texas. I'm less enthused than most here about this WFO momentum-based aero racing. I just think I'd be more jived up if they had dramatically lower downforce and enough power to actually accelerate off the corners (after braking into the corners). JMO.

Also, my guess on Dixon"s reversal is, he's saying he doesn't have to give room to a guy who goes off the racing surface, then expects the leader to pull over to let him come back to the racing line. That's what I thought happened, but it's a pure guess that Dixon is saying that. I want to watch a replay, but I thought Herta used the apron to come alongside. If you're on the apron, you're not really "there" IMO.

Eddie got a discount on the sanctioning fee for opening up the geographic exclusivity and allowing them to run at COTA, so he's probably okay with that. I think any dip in attendance could probably be attributed in part to the racing with the repave last year too. Last night was noticeably better and I think it'll continue to trend that way as the track ages.

Pocono, Texas since 2018 have all been damn good attendance and racing wise I've liked, which is why I don't get why Pocono might be gone.

Then there's Iowa who I think NASCAR being the owner doesn't give a crap about selling tickets because even the top billed Indy Corn 300 can't get a decent crowd but stays on the schedule.

Pocono, Texas since 2018 have all been damn good attendance and racing wise I've liked, which is why I don't get why Pocono might be gone.

Then there's Iowa who I think NASCAR being the owner doesn't give a crap about selling tickets because even the top billed Indy Corn 300 can't get a decent crowd but stays on the schedule.

I may get torched for this but l would be relieved to see Pocono removed from the schedule. The loss of Justin Wilson and serious injuries to Robert Wickens are my reasons.

I may get torched for this but l would be relieved to see Pocono removed from the schedule. The loss of Justin Wilson and serious injuries to Robert Wickens are my reasons.

Yes agreed. Indy has only two corners from long straights where this place has three. Too many chances to get wrecked badly

Richmond would be a great spot, I would like to see Michigan again. I think the speeds will be much too high for safety purposes.

Also, they could come back to Homestead. I'd make the three hour trip.

I'd dislike seeing Pocono fall off because of how unique it is but I can understand why some in the paddock don't want to return there. Richmond will be a good addition in that case but I disagree that the balance is optimal, and would like to see a race at another speedway like Kansas, Chicagoland, Kentucky. It's an oversight to be prioritizing a race in the Middle East over another domestic oval...IMO.

Definitely plenty of big balls moves at Texas. I'm less enthused than most here about this WFO momentum-based aero racing. I just think I'd be more jived up if they had dramatically lower downforce and enough power to actually accelerate off the corners (after braking into the corners). JMO.

Also, my guess on Dixon"s reversal is, he's saying he doesn't have to give room to a guy who goes off the racing surface, then expects the leader to pull over to let him come back to the racing line. That's what I thought happened, but it's a pure guess that Dixon is saying that. I want to watch a replay, but I thought Herta used the apron to come alongside. If you're on the apron, you're not really "there" IMO.
You really have to pause a few times between :02-:04, but it looks like Herta has a lane down low that he takes and then just as they enter the corner Dixon moves down a bit and forces Herta below the white line that he had previously been above. It was a shallow angle no matter what, but I think Dixon is who makes the initial and ultimately costly contact here.

Turns 1-2 were good and where guys had to wheel it more and get out of the gas, that's where most of the moments were. The track is still just too smooth and narrow to generate early DW12-era racing where you could race anywhere and the winner would lap up to 5th or 6th. Tires mattered a lot more on that surface. All things considered I think it's headed in the right direction here though.

Back
Top Bottom