2019 Fantasy Racing

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
With the Daytona 500 just four weeks away, many a young fan’s fancy lightly turns to thoughts of fantasy racing. If you're looking for a basic game, may I suggest giving 'Switch Racing' a try? We've been running the same basic format for over 15 years. Here's the short version:
  • Drivers are sorted into five groups based on current points standings.
  • Each week, pick one driver from each group for a team of five drivers.
  • You get the points earned by your drivers, including stage and finishing points.
  • You can only pick a driver nine times during the 36-race season.
  • Teams are cleared after each race; you pick a new team every week.
  • Drivers groups are resorted after each race, based on the latest points standings.
  • The player with the most points at the end of the season is the winner.
  • There is a $5 fee for the entire season. This covers the cost the web site we use. The first six races are free, so you can decide if you like the game.
  • If you’re the champion, your $5 fee for next year is waived! Wow! :rolleyes:
  • Once the annual operating costs are covered ($40 for the FanStar web site), any remaining dues will be donated to Racing Forums.
The web application we use provides live scoring during the race, with unofficial results as soon as the race is over. It also keeps track for you on how many times you've used each driver. There are no playoffs or elimination rounds. Everyone plays everyone else each week; there are no pairings or individual match-ups.

If you're interested or have questions, you can reply to me here. If you already know you want to play, send me a peer message (click my avatar, then click 'Start a Conversation'.) and include this information:
  • your name,
  • e-mail address,
  • team name,
  • a password (I can make one up if you'd prefer)
I'll reply to you with my private e-mail address and then add your team to the FanStar web site. After I set up, you'll receive an invitation from FanStar via e-mail to the address you provided.

I'll flog this horse a time or two, just in case folks are looking for an alternative to the forum's primary game.

I'm obviously flogging a dead horse, but just in case...

Thanks to everyone for tolerating these.

I enjoyed this league last year. It scratched that itch that Yahoo left on me.
Picking five drivers every race keeps me engaged more in to the race. I even managed
to win a couple races last year ( my first year).
Also I like that the primary leader board of where you stand updates during the race.
Give it a try if you like the multiple driver picks fantasy leagues.

You gotta see the positive sides. I pushed your thread up and Buccaneer immediately registered for your game:D
I can bump for myself, thanks!

The negative side is that most people have already read this discussion, decided they aren't interested, and won't be looking at this discussion again. Those people will not see your post about your game, and you won't reach potential players.

Back
Top Bottom