2019 Firestone GP of St.Petersburg

LOL The first time I haven't gone to this goddamned race in six years. Back to college basketball. What ****show.

NBC's issues got me like:
LawfulWindyIlladopsis-max-1mb.gif

IndyCar Radio on NBCSN.

Couldn't they at least put up a still photo that didn't show the dumps that are I-275 and Tropicana Field?

No surprise of that happens at this point. He just lacks drive IMHO.
Yeah, its just getting plain weird how he is hanging on.
2 wins in 12 years and 196 races. Yikes. Penske wouldn't have put up with that.

Had a good day in fantasy on this race. Tied for 3rd out of 80 players.
Picks were - New, Rosenqvist, Rahal.

I can't get excited about the TV numbers, but the attendance reports are more encouraging. If street races near major markets are successful in that regard, I'm all for them.

I notice that those Showbuzz numbers are no longer including Supercross ratings with the move from FS1 to NBCSN. I'm also guessing that i don't want to know what the numbers are, and that they are likely down significantly. Otherwise someone from the PR arms of NBC Sports or Feld would be publicizing them.

I can't get excited about the TV numbers, but the attendance reports are more encouraging. If street races near major markets are successful in that regard, I'm all for them.

I notice that those Showbuzz numbers are no longer including Supercross ratings with the move from FS1 to NBCSN. I'm also guessing that i don't want to know what the numbers are, and that they are likely down significantly. Otherwise someone from the PR arms of NBC Sports or Feld would be publicizing them.

Anecdotally, I can say Turn 1 was sold out and Turn 10 mostly sold out when single-day tickets went on sale. Those are the only two places I've sat in the five years I've gone and wound up missing the boat entirely after three-day tickets and renewals...I didn't want to commit to spending several hundred dollars on three-day reserved seats as I'm usually the only one in my group who goes for the weekend. Personally disappointing, but I'm glad for the event.

I think Showbuzz only does events with 300k+ viewers, so make of that what you will...I think Stern has posted some SX numbers this year and they've been in the 200s. Likewise, I didn't see any Rolex 24 numbers after the move between the FOX and NBC families.

If you look at that picture (above) - way over on the far right you can see a grandstand with a white canvas roof. I am sitting on the left of that pink sign in the stands (not the guy on the ground but up in the grandstand) wearing a yellow shirt. That yellow blur is me at the Trackside Club on the corner of Dan Wheldon Way.

:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom