2019 Kansas – Digital Ally 400 -- Pre-Race Thread

Latest --
D6T93T9WkAA75Y5.jpg:large

If I'm reading this right, this means Alex Bowman moves to outside first row --- from 10th to starting 2nd.

Reactions: Pat
If I'm reading this right, this means Alex Bowman moves to outside first row --- from 10th to starting 2nd.
Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass
No. Cars are lined up in order of qualifying results after tech. So front row now Harvick and Bowyer.

It was deck lid issue on the two SHR cars. Mostly body issues for others. Teams do push limits and measurements to thousandths of an inch.
Jeff Gluck AF‏Verified account @jeff_gluck
Joey Logano car passes on the third try. Elliott and Larson also need to go through one more time.
Unofficial starting lineup after tech: 4 14 24 2 88 20 43 18 1 21 11 48 12 17 3 32 8 37 6 95 31 47 52 38 77 36 15 51 27 ... then those who failed (by owner pts): 22 19 9 10 41 42 13 34 00 66 46

No. Cars are lined up in order of qualifying results after tech. So front row now Harvick and Bowyer.

It was deck lid issue on the two SHR cars. Mostly body issues for others. Teams do push limits and measurements to thousandths of an inch.
Jeff Gluck AF‏Verified account @jeff_gluck
Joey Logano car passes on the third try. Elliott and Larson also need to go through one more time.
Unofficial starting lineup after tech: 4 14 24 2 88 20 43 18 1 21 11 48 12 17 3 32 8 37 6 95 31 47 52 38 77 36 15 51 27 ... then those who failed (by owner pts): 22 19 9 10 41 42 13 34 00 66 46
Rear deck lid height for Truex & SHR.

Kurt, Logano, Chase, Harvick on expectations for tonight:
Rules package, cool weather will lead to ‘mixed bag’ for teams at Kansas
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/05/11/rules-package-cool-weather-will-lead-to-mixed-bag-for-teams-at-kansas/

I'm expecting a 50/50 chance at a better version of Texas/Vegas. Every time we've seen small packs in practice, it's wide open and packy for a handful of laps, but then ends up getting strung out on the long run. I'm waiting for the time where that doesn't happen. Kansas surface may allow that to last longer.

Fox still doesn't get that it's about the race. Or I don't get what TV viewers enjoy these days.

This is why pre-race ceremonies should be done 15 minutes earlier in the day's schedule; so the networks won't have to fill time with this junk.

Fox still doesn't get that it's about the race. Or I don't get what TV viewers enjoy these days.

This is why pre-race ceremonies should be done 15 minutes earlier in the day's schedule; so the networks won't have to fill time with this junk.
No, you are correct, they seem to forget the racing is the whole point.

FOX out here promoting MLB and NSWL during their NASCAR broadcast.

FOX out here promoting MLB and NSWL during their NASCAR broadcast.
Par for the course this year with FOX and their NASCAR coverage, we need a "FOX Sucks" emoticon

Back
Top Bottom