2019 Martinsville I -- STP 500 -- Pre-Race Thread

D2Z35FHU0AE1Gg4.jpg:large

In typical Knaus fashion the #24 has failed pre-race inspection and will drop to the rear.

Reactions: Pat
In typical Knaus fashion the #24 has failed pre-race inspection and will drop to the rear.
Doe the 9 slide inside now or does whoever qualified 9th get to gain 2 spots? I normally wouldn't care, but it's Martinsville.

Not good to be the only car going to the back, Chad put Byron in a hole. It's a long race though ya never know.

I was on a business trip from Cola. SC to Pittsburgh, with an intentional one-day layover that Sunday for the race. I headed east out of Wytheville, VA, Sunday morning, 45 miles to the track, clear roads (Thank you very much, VA DOT!), no traffic, making great time, and then the radio announcement dumps all over my weekend. Spun the car back to W'ville, checked out of the hotel, and was headed to ****tsburgh by 9:30.

The only good thing was that I'd planned to get tickets at the gate, so I didn't have to eat them. Otherwise, the single most disappointing weather delay I've personally experienced.

Well it’s one one of my favorite tracks on the calendar, I love race day at Martinsville. Hope to experience it in person soon, it’s on my bucket list. We are having trouble figuring logistics though, we’ll get there one of these years. I’ve always been a nascar short track fan, there’s just so much going on in the field and I appreciate the rhythm it takes to win at a place like this. If I had my way we’d have at least one short track race a month Martinsville, Bristol, Richmond, FGS, Rockingham and Wilkesboro would all be up and running having a place on the schedule. But I’m happy with what we have, this place is a huge monument to the past and tradition of NASCAR.

Has anyone heard why the 24 failed? I can't find that anywhere....

this doesn't seem like the track to push aero limits on the body....

Final practice he was 3rd on speed on the 10 lap average.

Its obvious they are not focused on qualifying. Its all about race pace.

I seriously doubt that they were willing to start back that far if they didn't have to.

Back
Top Bottom