2019 Monaco Grand Prix

I woke up late, gonna be cramming some racing in this morning :D

Wow, what composure by Hamilton.

Nice top 10 Ricciardo - I knew you could do it.

Max, too little too late my man. Please consider dive bombing 40 laps earlier when you have a 5 second penalty and are being held up by the leader. That is all. Thank you.

Honestly, any more I get the race on DVR, sleep late and check the results and highlights on Motorsports.com. Apparently there was only one highlight to the entire race, so no need to bother with that either.

Really, Formula One has been so awful for awhile that it's just not worth the time. I would have never fallen in love with racing if this was the best the sport had to offer. Thankfully I got to go to Sebring, the Daytona Rolex and Indianapolis during the late 60s and early 70s, and that's what set the hook. Formula One was pretty cool then too, but we almost never got to see it.

Every year they pump Monaco up like it's the pinnacle of all racing and every year it's a snoozefest. The biggest danger of Monaco is you could drift off out of sheer boredom and miss the start of the Indianapolis 500.

Sadly, at least for me, it's still Formula One so you can't ignore it totally. Even that is wearing pretty thin though.

Really, Formula One has been so awful for awhile that it's just not worth the time. I would have never fallen in love with racing if this was the best the sport had to offer...
Sadly, at least for me, it's still Formula One so you can't ignore it totally. Even that is wearing pretty thin though.
Doc, you have summarized perfectly how I also feel about the current era of F1. Really, the last decade (or more) has been a waste of my time and energy. I don't like to feel this cynical about F1... but I just can't help it. Even optimism for the future is waning.

"It's still Formula One so you can't ignore it totally." But someday soon I might ignore it totally... sigh.

I'm trying to imagine what American F1 viewership could look like if it featured better competition. I've always argued that other factors matter more than "close racing", but in F1's case, the product is so lacking currently that I'm both enthused and flummoxed by these increases. Liberty made a lot of noise initially about fixing competitive problems and aggressive expansion into the U.S., and that seems to have died out lately.

Back
Top Bottom