2019 NASCAR Canada

toledo47

Team Owner
I figured with the schedule being later than usual there would be some changes, but its identical to last year.
Surprised that Mirabel isn't back and that New Hampshire is still on the schedule

May 19 Canadian Tire Motorsport Park Bowmanville, Ont.
June 1 Jukasa Motor Speedway Hagersville, Ont.
June 29 Autodrome Chaudière Chaudière, Que.
July 13 Exhibition Place Toronto, Ont.
July 24 Wyant Group Raceway* Saskatoon, Sask.
July 24 Wyant Group Raceway* Saskatoon, Sask.
July 27 Edmonton International Raceway Wetaskiwin, Alb.
Aug 11 Circuit Trois-Rivières Trois-Rivières, Que.
Aug 17 Riverside International Speedway Antigonish, N.S.
Aug 25 Canadian Tire Motorsport Park Bowmanville, Ont.
Sep 7 Autodrome St-Eustache St. Eustache, Que.
Sep 21 New Hampshire Motor Speedway Loudon, N.H.
Sep 28 Jukasa Motor Speedway Hagersville, Ont.

Their first oval show of the year is tonight. Live on fans choice tv at 8pm. They will be showing the support races OSCAAR Modifieds and OSCAAR hot rods on fans choice as well (around 5pm)

Jukasa is now this afternoon at 1:30. Modifieds at noon . Should be on fans choice tv

Is Autodrome St-Eustache gone after this season? Hopefully it's an Ontario or Quebec short track to replace it.

And as much as I like the Pinty's Series at NHMS, SK Modifieds or PASS/ACT would make more sense as a support race to the Musket 250.

Is Autodrome St-Eustache gone after this season? Hopefully it's an Ontario or Quebec short track to replace it.

And as much as I like the Pinty's Series at NHMS, SK Modifieds or PASS/ACT would make more sense as a support race to the Musket 250.

St-Eustache is closing after this year unfortunately. Supposedly Circuit ICAR will return and take St-Eustache's place on the calendar.
Would love to see some Ontario oval tracks to come back to the schedule, the series ran about half of their races (5 or 6) on Ontario ovals during the first few seasons under the NASCAR name.
Unfortunately theres not a lot of suitable tracks left... Mosport oval gone, Barrie gone, Kawartha closed. They only ran at Sunset twice, so i'm guessing they didn't feel it was successful there. I don't think Delaware wants the series either. Quebec doesn't have many suitable oval tracks for the series either. The only other paved tracks I can think of would be Montmagny, Riverside St Croix and St Felicien. Montmagny could maybe handle a race, though its quite near Autodrome Chaudiere. No idea about St Felicien.
I'd like to see the maritimes get a second race. Riverside is great! The Maritime Pro Stock tour runs at Riverside as well as a bunch of other tracks in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick as well as PEI. A race in NB would be pretty neat.
The New Hampshire race sucks. Most boring Pintys race i've ever seen. That track isn't good for Pintys (or K&N pro series...), Pinty's belongs on short tracks and road courses!
If i'm going to the Musket 250 weekend, i would personally prefer to see (even a boring) Pintys series or K&N race as the support, however i do agree that SK Mods, PASS or ACT would be a much much better fit.
Interested to see how the car count is at Chaudiere which is the next race. That has been the weakest field for the series every year. Hopefully they get at least 15 or more. 18 would be great, but Jukasa pretty much couldn't pull that off (1 or 2 cars were start and park).
Probably the lack of Ontario oval races has hurt the series car counts, since a lot of the part time drivers were Ontario oval guys...

Yeah, losing St. Eustache is a blow.

Sadly it looks like the days of having a race in BC are over. It's a damn shame they don't go to Sun Valley because 300 laps is a great ticket.

Yeah, losing St. Eustache is a blow.

Sadly it looks like the days of having a race in BC are over. It's a damn shame they don't go to Sun Valley because 300 laps is a great ticket.

I never made it to that one, really wanted to go . Did they have good crowds ? Seemed like a good event. I’ve been out west to see them twice (once at the Edmonton Indy and once at their current Alberta race). Have planned to go to the Saskatoon race before but something always comes up... maybe this year. It’s the only track on the current series schedule that I’ve never been to so I really want to make it there.

I live out west in the US. It's 15 hours away though not too awful compared to expensive flights. Crowds looked fine, I'll have to rewatch later.

Race is about to start here at Autodrome Chaudiere . Running early due to weather in the area!

One final race at Autodrome St-Eustache this weekend. Hate to see it, another great Canadian short track closing. So many great tracks from this series have been torn down Barrie, mosport oval, Kawartha(kawarha May still be standing ? Not sure but it sure is dead...).
Supposedly Circuit ICAR In Mirabel will replace St-Eustache next year with a road course race and will be building an oval to host the series in the future

Season finale is tomorrow at Jukasa.
24 cars entered, that is the best field entered for an oval race in many years! Very good to see this!! There were a few races with some pretty poor fields, but overall this year has been an improvement. Very good to see. Hopefully the series can keep that momentum going into next year!

Back
Top Bottom