2019 NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour

toledo47

Team Owner
2019 NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Schedule
March 16 Myrtle Beach Speedway Myrtle Beach, S.C.
March 30 South Boston SpeedwaySouth Boston, Va.
April 7 Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park Thompson, Conn.
April 28 Stafford Motor Speedway Stafford, Conn.
May 18 Wall Stadium Speedway Wall Township, N.J.
June 1 Seekonk Speedway Seekonk, Mass.
June 5 Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park Thompson, Conn.
July 6Riverhead Raceway Riverhead, N.Y.
July 19 New Hampshire Motor Speedway Loudon, N.H.
July 20 New Hampshire Motor Speedway Loudon, N.H.
Aug. 2 Stafford Motor Speedway Stafford, Conn.
Aug. 14 Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park Thompson, Conn.
Aug. 31 Oswego Speedway Oswego, N.Y.
Sept. 7 Riverhead Raceway Riverhead, N.Y.
Sept. 21 New Hampshire Motor Speedway Loudon, N.H.
Sept. 29 Stafford Motor Speedway Stafford, Conn.
Oct. 13 Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park Thompson, Conn

What a great schedule! Glad to see the 250 at NHMS back still with 250 laps. South Boston and Wall are gonna add some life into a schedule that's been pretty stagnant the past few years. No more Bristol but that was never a popular event from the team perspectives from my understanding. A new/different track in the later half of the season would be the next big improvement.

Kinda glad to see Bristol gone, after the Southern Modified tour ended I didn't see the point of it anymore.

Would like to see one of the 3 races at Stafford or Thompson moved to Bowman Gray actually.

Reactions: sky
Kinda glad to see Bristol gone, after the Southern Modified tour ended I didn't see the point of it anymore.

Would like to see one of the 3 races at Stafford or Thompson moved to Bowman Gray actually.

If you don’t see the point of Bristol then why do you see the point of Bowman Gray?

why do you see the point of Bowman Gray?

Bowman Gray is an actual track that modifieds run on a weekly basis and usually draws well every week nearly 20,000? Bristol was just a combination race between the Southern Modified Tour & Modified Tour.

Running the mods at Seekonk is a pathetic excuse for racing. The track was a 1/4 mile when built in 1946 for midget racing, the cars not little people. By the mysterious and magical powers of nascar and how they measure things it's now a 1/3 mile track. Who'da thunk?
Seriously, the mods can't go past 1/2 throttle here, it's like a parade with the Shriners in their cars...

Running the mods at Seekonk is a pathetic excuse for racing. The track was a 1/4 mile when built in 1946 for midget racing, the cars not little people. By the mysterious and magical powers of nascar and how they measure things it's now a 1/3 mile track. Who'da thunk?
Seriously, the mods can't go past 1/2 throttle here, it's like a parade with the Shriners in their cars...

I agree with the mods there. I mean...the cars don't even get within a car width of the wall because they're already turning into the next corner. The Open show they have is overrated, imo. Late models/full fendered cars put on a much better show there.

I agree with the mods there. I mean...the cars don't even get within a car width of the wall because they're already turning into the next corner. The Open show they have is overrated, imo. Late models/full fendered cars put on a much better show there.
Yeh that place is small, but back in the day the Mods rocked it there, pretty much they are constantly turning left, Monadnock is the same way, but at least it's not one big circle.

''Late models'' are CALLED Pro Stocks at Seekonk, a brain child of Anthony. Slightly different but the Pros run against LM at open shows. Sportsman to Pro's is like comparing SK mods to Whelan mods, supposedly not as costly HA!
Running Seekonk is like running in a circle, you never really go straight. The track is too small for the cars of today.
About 20, make that 30 years ago there was talk of building a 1/2 mile track behind the existing track. They do have the land. Two things killed the plan, the NIMBY people who live next door to the existing track which could have been overcome and the cost of the new track, the Vendetti's are notoriously cheap.

Bowman Gray is an actual track that modifieds run on a weekly basis and usually draws well every week nearly 20,000? Bristol was just a combination race between the Southern Modified Tour & Modified Tour.

I’d like to see them at both TBH. Bristol is a good track for them imo... New Smyrna during speedweeks would be a nice season opener for them

''Late models'' are CALLED Pro Stocks at Seekonk, a brain child of Anthony. Slightly different but the Pros run against LM at open shows. Sportsman to Pro's is like comparing SK mods to Whelan mods, supposedly not as costly HA!
Running Seekonk is like running in a circle, you never really go straight. The track is too small for the cars of today.
About 20, make that 30 years ago there was talk of building a 1/2 mile track behind the existing track. They do have the land. Two things killed the plan, the NIMBY people who live next door to the existing track which could have been overcome and the cost of the new track, the Vendetti's are notoriously cheap.

I've gone to the Pro Stock open 200 race the last 2/3 years and was very sad to see it off the schedule for 2019. That had turned into a great show with a legendary finish the first year, crappy rain the next year (I didn't go), and then bounced back and drew around 30 cars this year iirc.

I say rip out the bottom groove of the track all the way around. The track would still be plenty wide. That would superficially increase the straightaway's since you'd be turning later.

Might try to go to Wall Stadium to see them, never been to a Mod race.

[QUOTE="Speedbowl14, post: 1498865, member: 8335".

I say rip out the bottom groove of the track all the way around. The track would still be plenty wide. That would superficially increase the straightaway's since you'd be turning later.[/QUOTE]

? are you talking about Seekonk?

[QUOTE="Speedbowl14, post: 1498865, member: 8335".

I say rip out the bottom groove of the track all the way around. The track would still be plenty wide. That would superficially increase the straightaway's since you'd be turning later.

? are you talking about Seekonk?[/QUOTE]
I think he was, I'd be all in favor of making Seekonk a half mile concrete palace.

An event at BGS would be cool you'd have to have heat races the field would be huge. Almost all the fmr. So. Mod guys are weekly competitors there. It'd be a new North/South race. But I get it, 1/4 mile track, nobody wants bent nerf bars and empty wallets.

I'm bummed that Langley isn't on the schedule

That is a shame! Thats a great track! Hopefully they at least still have a K&N Pro Series East race! That place deserves some good big events. Excellent racing and the facility is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom