Sat, July 20 New Hampshire Motor Speedway Loudon, N.H. 100
Fri, Aug 2 Stafford Motor Speedway Stafford, Conn. 150
Wed, Aug 14 Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park Thompson, Conn. 150
Sat, Aug 31 Oswego Speedway Oswego, N.Y. 150
Sat, Sept 7 Riverhead Raceway Riverhead, N.Y. 200
Sat, Sept 21 New Hampshire Motor Speedway Loudon, N.H. 250
Sun, Sept 29 Stafford Motor Speedway Stafford, Conn. 150
Sun, Oct 13 Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park Thompson, Conn. 150

Anybody going to Myrtle Beach on Saturday? Got my free ticket from Bell & Bell. Go Myers Bros!

Wow...two races in the Southern states....boy aren't we lucky. /s

Anybody going to Myrtle Beach on Saturday? Got my free ticket from Bell & Bell. Go Myers Bros!
What is Bell & Bell? I was thinking about going, i'd have to leave tomorrow night, but i have a lot going on and I think I can't make it unfortunately... Will probably have to wail til they are at South Boston in a couple of weeks...
Was at the MB race last year, good show! Nice field entered as well!

Wow...two races in the Southern states....boy aren't we lucky. /s

Well, it is the series from the north, they typically only had the Bristol race. This isn't the Whelen Southern Modified Tour which usually brought about 12 cars to each race in its final season. The Myrtle Beach race has 35 cars entered... Wouldn't have numbers like that if it was a Southern Tour race... The number of events in the south may be less, but the quality is far far better...

What is Bell & Bell? I was thinking about going, i'd have to leave tomorrow night, but i have a lot going on and I think I can't make it unfortunately... Will probably have to wail til they are at South Boston in a couple of weeks...
Was at the MB race last year, good show! Nice field entered as well!
Bell & Bell modifieds is a vintage modified series.

Bell & Bell modifieds is a vintage modified series.
Bell and Bell is a regional car wash chain. The problem with the southern mods was that half the field came from Bowman Gray weekly competitors. And from April to August those guys wouldn't show up on a Saturday night. It's the only venue I know of in the South that has tour type features week in and week out.

Bell and Bell is a regional car wash chain. The problem with the southern mods was that half the field came from Bowman Gray weekly competitors. And from April to August those guys wouldn't show up on a Saturday night. It's the only venue I know of in the South that has tour type features week in and week out.
Does Bell and Bell give out free tickets for the MB NASCAR modified race every year? Or you know someone that hooked you up? Good deal anyway.
The Tour (along with twin LMSC races) is at South Boston this weekend! $15 at the gate, $10 in advance, what a bargain.
PASS has super late models, pro late models and "Tour Type modifieds" at Richmond Raceway (also on Saturday) for $40....
I think the cheaper one is going to have the better show... at least for the modifeds. 33 Entered at SoBo. I guess they will have 10 or so modifieds at Richmond... SLM at Richmond may be good though... but for $40.... thats easy to pass on...

Does Bell and Bell give out free tickets for the MB NASCAR modified race every year? Or you know someone that hooked you up? Good deal anyway.
The Tour (along with twin LMSC races) is at South Boston this weekend! $15 at the gate, $10 in advance, what a bargain.
PASS has super late models, pro late models and "Tour Type modifieds" at Richmond Raceway (also on Saturday) for $40....
I think the cheaper one is going to have the better show... at least for the modifeds. 33 Entered at SoBo. I guess they will have 10 or so modifieds at Richmond... SLM at Richmond may be good though... but for $40.... thats easy to pass on...

Actually Toledo I gave some misinformation there are two Bell and Bells. The car wash isn't the sponsor it's actually the GMC Chevy Buick dealership in Little River SC. And yeah I had a friend that hooked me up. They are a major sponsor for Myrtle Beach Speedway. I doubt they give out tix for other venues.

Actually Toledo I gave some misinformation there are two Bell and Bells. The car wash isn't the sponsor it's actually the GMC Chevy Buick dealership in Little River SC. And yeah I had a friend that hooked me up. They are a major sponsor for Myrtle Beach Speedway. I doubt they give out tix for other venues.

I went to MB last year for the Modified Tour show, really wanted to make it back this year. Great show, and its always fun going to Myrtle Beach, SC. Will try to make it next year!

Reactions: sky
I have only been there once, way back in 2006 for a Hooters Pro Cup race. Loved that place! Awesome to see it back on the schedule of a big series!
On my list of tracks to get too as I'm trying to visit every track in PA. Not a major series by any stretch but the Super Cup Stock Car Series is supposed to be running there in 2020 too.

That's cool they're going to Iowa, Martinsville, Jennerstown, along with returning to South Boston.

The Mods have really turned into a great product, really.

Adding Jennerstown & Martinsville is great. I don't see the benefit of 1,000 mile (+) travel for the teams based mostly in the northeast to Iowa. The best modified drivers in the south are in the Carolinas, and many of them race weekly at BGS. @AndyMarquisLive I'm curious what the Whelen Modified tour asks as far as a sanctioning fee goes, for a place like Carteret County.

Honestly Iowa seems cool if they can get 23-25 cars. If not it's a failure.

Back
Top Bottom