2019 Pocono -- Gander RV 400 -- Pre-Race Thread

Guess we'll see just how good Alan and Chase are at their jobs this week in terms of feedback and adjusting the car. There's been some questioning in the race threads.

That's a lot of racing. Great value for fans IMO to see racing everyday.

The concept of inverting the field was unexpected as hell. Very interesting to see this rundown.

I don't like the idea of inverting a points-paying race. Watch for guys to sandbag and try to Q in the middle of the field. But then, I don't like the idea of a double-header in the first place.

I dunno about the modifieds at a 2.5-er either.

I don't know if these generational paint schemes on the #4 are selling more beer. I do know they're not selling ME more beer.

They have to pass inspection yet, Harv by a long shot. Gnarly

upload_2019-7-27_18-15-9.png

I wish they bumped the start up an hour. There's an increasing chance of t-storms in the late afternoon/early evening according to "most forecasts". T.V. making this a 3:15 start is ridiculous imo. Cuts the window when summer storms are obviously very common in the Pocono area....

At least one person says a variant of this every week.

"They need to change the date / start time for this track because it always rains / snows / is too hot / has fires every afternoon / evening / night during this month / season / holiday / accounting period / hunting season / back to school sale / moon phase."

Last edited:
At least one person says a variant of this every week.

"They need to change the date / start time for this track because it always rains / snows / is too hot / has fires every afternoon / evening / night during this month / season / holiday / accounting period / hunting season / back to school sale / moon phase."

The front is dropping down from NY early than expected. Fingers crossed...

A bunch of Chevys failing inspection wonder what they were all trying this week?

I wish they bumped the start up an hour. There's an increasing chance of t-storms in the late afternoon/early evening according to "most forecasts". T.V. making this a 3:15 start is ridiculous imo. Cuts the window when summer storms are obviously very common in the Pocono area....
NASCAR doesnt care. Theres more commercials to run during a rain delay.

I feel better, I thought Johnson had a new crew chief that cheated more than Cheatin Chad Knaus

Johnson's new crew chief is god awful. They guy can't adjust to changing track conditions. All things point to JJ having a 6-10th place car today. Starting in the back without track position, and Kevin's poor adjustment ability will probably result in about a 14th place finish which likely could have been a solid top 10.

I'd wager Jimmie and Chad get back together for one final run in 2020. I'd put money on it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Johnson's new crew chief is god awful. They guy can't adjust to changing track conditions. All things point to JJ having a 6-10th place car today. Starting in the back without track position, and Kevin's poor adjustment ability will probably result in about a 14th place finish which likely could have been a solid top 10.

I'd wager Jimmie and Chad get back together for one final run in 2020. I'd put money on it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Byron has made a lot of improvement. Knaus ain't going back to the 48.

Back
Top Bottom