2019 Russian Grand Prix

Leclerc is way too eager. He needs to learn how to cool down under that helmet. It's over, kid. Next

Mercedes totally trolling Ferrari with the formation lap.

Certainly did not see a Merc 1-2 coming today. Absurd race for Ferrari. I'm confounded by the entire 'agreement' they had as well. Though I have to think there was a bit more to it given that Leclerc said this over the radio:

"You put me behind and I respected everything. We will talk later."

Still seems unnecessary, but if it truly somehow was arranged pre-race, I understand Leclerc's position. Then the intra-team beefing and sabotaging Vettel by leaving him out is just idiotic. It does seem just that their race would go to hell after that.

The problem is that Ferrari didn't just let Leclerc 'race' as he would with any other car behind him off the pole. It appears he agreed to let Vettel have the full slipstream without any attempt to defend or block it to get into 1-2 position. Once you start down that path, there are team tactics in place, and Vettel can't just pretend he took the position normally. Or he can, and then you have a ****show, which is what they got. It all sounds bad when it spills into public, and I don't like this crap and wish each driver would simply be allowed to race each other. But this is so baked into the ethos of most F1 teams.

Vettel was coy with his comments:

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/930497/1/vettel-ferrari-s-prerace-agreement-not-big-deal

I don't trust him on this stuff because of his history and the way he avoided answering anything directly. Reading between the lines, I am not as upset with Leclerc as many are. Earlier in the season he was getting screwed with absurd strategy calls and obvious favoritism for Vettel. He thought he was obeying team strategy off the start.

No surprise that Hamilton can win even without the best car. I'm sick of the domination, but holy cow we are seeing a Jackie Stewart level of greatness.

Look at the in-car camera from the F1 crash. It shows the orange car clip one of the others in the inside run off area, and send him off into the leader. The orange car totally gave up on making the corner and instead went for the shortcut, then clipped another car in the runoff area. They had both gone into the runoff and were trying to get on the track without losing position, and with zero regard for the others.

Maybe it would have just been better it there was a wall there for them to hit instead of taking out drivers who weren't even involved.

vettle refuse to follow orders and..
ferrari turn his engine off.

Back
Top Bottom