2019 South Point 400 -- Las Vegas --- Pre-race thread

Currently in the inverted stage. Feels weird
d89a55ac89208649c1f8219db40b1da4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
:D

No, but it does include Charlie running down the plate tracks. :D

I leave covering Tom Petty to those who can do him justice. Call me if NBC finds someone.

Wasn’t that atrocious version used last season? They couldn’t find another good song, to be covered badly, for this season?

It’s almost as bad as any JG Wentworth commercial, to my ears at least.

LOL, that's pathetic. I never really planned on attending a race at Vegas, but I guess now I can officially cross it off my "tracks to see" list.
absolutely! They treat people like that, and Wonder why attendance is down. Make it a fun "happening" and people will come.

Anyone have a link to the hauler parade if there is one?

Not sure if moving Xfinity and Cup to 4:15-30 PM start times is doing much to help the heat.

I will be complaining to LVMS about their stupid food and drink policy later this week.
Do they limit alcohol too? I don't quite understand the point of that policy.

What happened? I'm watching Rick, Dale, and Dale talk about Byron's speed -- then it gets switched and I look up to see Hannah Lopa's big personality pointed right the camera, talking about motorcycle racing?

We need Hannah in NASCAR ASAP! Boot Burton and bring in Hannah.

You didn't lie, you were just mistaken. A lie will be if you don't complain to the track about coolers.

Apparently word is on other discussion places is that it's Nevada law. I will be complaining about charging $5 a bottle of water and expecting people to show up. They have small water samples in the "cool zone" that you can walk back and forth from that give SOME free water, but personally I'd rather buy a $2-3 Dasani.

Gotta appreciate Joe Nemechek just hanging around the garage without a big entourage around him.

What's with Hemric and McDowell being in the top 10?

Also, anyone else watch Kyle Busch drive his qualifying lap like Daytona, and not even get a top 10 starting spot?

Wide open, did not lift at all. Lololololololol it's like these things have restrictor plates. This "exciting racing" produced by this package (which it is exciting) is a total gimmick.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Meh. I expect Gibbs and Penske up there quick.

I just wish this package had just a bit more HP.

What time is the green flag today?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

As far as weather goes, the stupidity of this date rivals the hurricane season Daytona race next year.
Hopefully the empty grand stands at both Indy and Daytona rights that stupid decision within the next year or two. But really nascar needs to swap Kansas and Vegas dates. Or do a three way swap, move Vegas to November, Texas to October, and Kansas this weekend. Or... just cut all three races from the schedule and find better tracks.

It might be a good idea to have a few SHR cars on your team this weekend.

The 4 is the only one to worry about. The rest are trimmed out. Bowyer will be lucky if he is Top 10 by the end of Stage 1 IMO. If 4 gets clean air, he will be able to manage the race, if not, he might be very ordinary IMO. Eye opener for me that Penskes are qualifying around MY Toyotas. I would be very curious to know what goes into a downforce set up--the non-adjustable elements. Penske and JGR are committed to the same philosophy IMO. I have a hard time believing that they have missed it.

Back
Top Bottom