2019 Texas I-- O'Reilly Auto Parts 500 -- Pre-Race Thread

It's more like "you can't take the English teacher off the job." LOL

Haha! My Mom was an English teacher and she would correct me for even the most minor mistake - sometimes I don't think she was even listening to the point I was trying to make but just listening for mistakes in conjunctions, syntax, double negatives and stuff.

I fight the "correction" urge myself nowadays when somebody says something like "simular" (I tell myself - just let it go) ;)

Will be interesting to see if the extra track temp changes the Hendrick fortunes for the race. This could be interesting, and this is why fans should watch. I probably feel more comfortable with Kyle Busch unhappy on Friday and Saturday knowing that conditions will be different today than I would with Hendrick happy going into today. I think things will be different.
Idk. With the way it's been this year, if you practice fast, you are gonna be fast, as long as you keep up with the track.

The aero and power is way too important.. as long as you don't lose the car to the track, it's probably gonna go down.

Hendrick cars will be fast early on. They've struggled to keep up with the track during the race. That may be more of a concern. But they are gonna be fast.

And on the contrary. I'd feel happier if Kyle was happier over the weekend cause that's good fortune lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Haha! My Mom was an English teacher and she would correct me for even the most minor mistake - sometimes I don't think she was even listening to the point I was trying to make but just listening for mistakes in conjunctions, syntax, double negatives and stuff.

I fight the "correction" urge myself nowadays when somebody says something like "simular" (I tell myself - just let it go) ;)
My biggest nitpick is when someone says...

Me to.

That's to far.

I think I'm going too

Idk. With the way it's been this year, if you practice fast, you are gonna be fast, as long as you keep up with the track.

Good point - it IS a 500 mile race starting mid-afternoon - things will change over the course of the race.

Cold and windy in Texas in March, June will have way better attendance, not even simular ..... for Racer 1930

Clint Boyer out to recommend that Ryan Newman get his fishing license revoked in all 50 states for blocking

The aero and power is way too important.. as long as you don't lose the car to the track, it's probably gonna go down.

Hendrick cars will be fast early on. They've struggled to keep up with the track during the race. That may be more of a concern. But they are gonna be fast.

And on the contrary. I'd feel happier if Kyle was happier over the weekend cause that's good fortune lol

Yeah, I agree to an extend, but if you practice slow, it doesn't mean that you will race slow this year. That meant that Jimmie was going to have to contend with the regulars. That meant traffic, and he was just so-so. They are better, but they are a long way from where they need to be obviously.

Back
Top Bottom