2019 United States Grand Prix

The cars were skating instead of running on the track. Track has gotten extremely bumpier.

And good old Grosjean wrecks yet another Hass car. Very nice

F1 drivers are such wimps

Just under three tenths separating the top five in qualifying. Quite possibly the tightest it’s been up front all year, could be a great one today.

It’s amusing to see these guys who run on perfect tracks all year get in a huff when they encounter some bumps for once. Some guys who have an understanding of racing elsewhere like Grosjean and Ricciardo mercifully have some reasoned comments this weekend.

Hamilton only needs eighth or something to clinch. He's in cruise mode. Then again, we thought that last week and look what happened.

I don't remember when I saw a more comical first lap from anyone that didn't involve an outright crash than Vettel's there. Rolling chicane.

At least there is no easy win for Ferrari to figure out how to fart away now. Maybe they'll do better as underdogs.

Last edited:
****, I missed the first 5 laps. Sleep won again.

Why isn't Bottas like 10 seconds ahead? Hamilton will get him at this point unless they tell him to not overtake.

Great outlap from Valtteri. Separated himself nicely from Max.

I at least appreciate Red Bull tried something to force Mercedes to react.

Ferrari have removed themselves from the equation nicely already. Good grief.

At least there is no easy win for Ferrari to figure out how to fart away now. Maybe they'll do better as underdogs.

Something within the team has to change. Their strategist needs to go.

I know this time it wasn't his fault but 9 out of 10 its their poor strategy that blows up in their faces. They also have to have a talk with Leclerc. Lately he's sounding like he's the man and the team should listen to him instead of the other way around.

Ferrari are a mess in terms of chemistry right now. That needs to change for next year.

Hamilton is such a douche.

He's bringing Verstappen into what should be an easy 1-2.

Something within the team has to change. Their strategist needs to go.

I know this time it wasn't his fault but 9 out of 10 its their poor strategy that blows up in their faces. They also have to have a talk with Leclerc. Lately he's sounding like he's the man and the team should listen to him instead of the other way around.

Ferrari are a mess in terms of chemistry right now. That needs to change for next year.
They change principals what seems at least every other year...somewhere they need to redirect their focus towards chassis and aero development because the only thing they have going for them is the engine. The bumpiest track of the year thus far and look at how far off Leclerc is and Vettel’s car flat broke. Not enough reorganization going on besides at the very top.

Verstappen and Bottas pitting at the very beginning of the window and Hamilton at the very end of it could make this interesting late.

Verstappen and Bottas pitting at the very beginning of the window and Hamilton at the very end of it could make this interesting late.

Hamilton is driving quite fast out there. Wonder if he's not trusting his team about driving to a target time. Bottas may not have enough laps to get him if he pits late.

Hamilton needs to be punched in the face.

Guy is whining really badly one lap and the next he's like, eh I can keep going.

Got a feeling dirty air will hamper Bottas here. At least there’s an especially long DRS straight.

Well done. DRS certainly helped but Bottas was much better on corner exit onto the back straight two laps in a row. Tires obviously helped.

It's wild that Leclerc is nearly a minute off Verstappen.

This is more suspenseful than Hamilton making an unnecessary stop. I hope Bottas can get him.

Well ......….certainly a historic day with Hamilton's 6th championship.. But dang , that was a brick
of a race. Sure, it had a couple moments of close racing but not near enough to tickle the entertainment bone.
I guess there may be a few drivers who are in a position to try and improve their standings in manu and drivers.
But for the most part, next years gear will start to be tested the last 2 races for most.

Poor ol Ferrari made huge advancements in speed the 2nd half of this season but someone in
the organization thought it would be a good idea to blow a couple feet off just for the challenge in the process.
I agree with the above comments, something is not right with the chemistry in Ferrari. If they can get a win
in the next 2 races , it may make the off season a little tolerable when they are fixing their woes.

As for the Texas track, I have just never been a fan. I hope the FIA gives it a try at another city in the US.
I would take a temporary road course track at this point. I have had enough of tarmac and paint to last me
a while.

I missed the race... what happened?

They didn't show the actual incident but Martin Brundle said something about him messing up perez.

The stewards ended up giving the torpedo a 5 second penalty.

Back
Top Bottom