(Feb. 20) LVMS Bullring
(Mar. 28) Irwindale Speedway
(May 9) Tucson Speedway
(Jun. 6) Colorado National Speedway
(Jun. 14) Sonoma Raceway
(Aug. 8) Evergreen Speedway
(Oct. 10) All American Speedway
(Nov. 9) ISM Raceway

Gone are Iowa, Gateway, Kern County, Douglas County and Meridian.

I'm happier with the west series schedule than I expected to be. 10 races really would have been better...
I never made it to Douglas County or Meridian, would have liked to, so kinda bummed about that.
I made it to Kern County once, really awesome track, one of the nicest facilities in the country. Would have liked to see that one stay, but they already have 3 races in Cali (Irwindale, Sonoma and All American), so i can see why they had to cut it.
Pleasantly surprised to see Colorado and Tucson remain on the schedule. Nether of those being gone would have surprised me, especially Colorado.

I know they want the finale in a "national setting", but I wish they would have ditched Phoenix for Kern County or Meridian.

Either way, cool they got Colorado National to stay.

I know they want the finale in a "national setting", but I wish they would have ditched Phoenix for Kern County or Meridian.

Either way, cool they got Colorado National to stay.
Turns out that this leaked schedule isn’t 100% final, there is a chance of 1 or 2 changes.
I do totally agree with you! Especially since the National ARCA series is doing a race at Phoenix anyway! The west series schedule is so small that I don’t think we need both series racing at that track...

Turns out that this leaked schedule isn’t 100% final, there is a chance of 1 or 2 changes.
I do totally agree with you! Especially since the National ARCA series is doing a race at Phoenix anyway! The west series schedule is so small that I don’t think we need both series racing at that track...

I wish they'd bring the Mexico Series back but travel has to be ridiculously high.

I wish they'd bring the Mexico Series back but travel has to be ridiculously high.

IMO, the Mexico series and the Pintys Series should stay in their own countries... Fans like you and me may be interested in it, but most people in the states have no interest in foreign series... Its just a big expensive pain for the teams, so they can run in front of fans who don't care about the series. They can just run in front of better crowds back in Mexico/Canada...
The Mexico series is amazing though. I went to one race in Mexico... really gotta get back down there for another. Some surprisingly cheap airfares are out there.

IMO, the Mexico series and the Pintys Series should stay in their own countries... Fans like you and me may be interested in it, but most people in the states have no interest in foreign series... Its just a big expensive pain for the teams, so they can run in front of fans who don't care about the series. They can just run in front of better crowds back in Mexico/Canada...
The Mexico series is amazing though. I went to one race in Mexico... really gotta get back down there for another. Some surprisingly cheap airfares are out there.

Yeah, you're probably right. The Pinty's races at NHMS have been underwhelming for an average fan.

Yeah, you're probably right. The Pinty's races at NHMS have been underwhelming for an average fan.

I don't think NHMS was a good choice for the Pintys Series anyway. K&N Pro series races there usually suck as well. Pintys could put on a good show at a real short track, Thunder Road, Oxford, Toledo, something like that. Though, I still don't think it would draw a crowd.
If they had a day where pintys was the headline race of the day at a place like NHMS or a real short track, i don't think there would be any fans in attendance. People who were already there for the modifieds showed up a little early to watch.
I don't remember how they did the two times the Mexico series ran at Phoenix. I didn't attend that. I would imagine it ran the same day as one of the other series? Like Pinty's, I cant imagine fans showing up at a track like Phoenix(or anywhere in the states) with the Mexico series as the days headline event...
Even when the Australian V8 Supercars came to Texas (i went to that), the crowd was very light. And all of the fans sitting near me, or that I interacted with at the autograph sessions had flown over from Australia for the race. Was a great time for them to have a USA Vacation/V8SC race trip. They had a 3 year deal for that race, but never came back after the first time, i'm sure the crowd would have been much worse the next time. Most of the Australians wouldn't come back a second time, and Americans had no interest in the event...
I find most race fans not to be very open to forms of motorsport that isn't the main thing that they follow. If I go to a dirt race, the attitude of most fans i talk to is "if it ain't dirt, it ain't racin'"(have had that said to me multiple times....).... Late model fans don't like sprint cars... Non-wing sprint fans don't like winged sprint cars... Most NASCAR Fans wont watch anything below the top 3 series (a lot wont watch anything below cup...). Road course people say NASCAR sucks...
Have interacted with fans at events that have these opinions... It's not everyone, but it happens a lot. Makes it hard for these more unusual events to happen. Its a shame

I don't think NHMS was a good choice for the Pintys Series anyway. K&N Pro series races there usually suck as well. Pintys could put on a good show at a real short track, Thunder Road, Oxford, Toledo, something like that. Though, I still don't think it would draw a crowd.
If they had a day where pintys was the headline race of the day at a place like NHMS or a real short track, i don't think there would be any fans in attendance. People who were already there for the modifieds showed up a little early to watch.
I don't remember how they did the two times the Mexico series ran at Phoenix. I didn't attend that. I would imagine it ran the same day as one of the other series? Like Pinty's, I cant imagine fans showing up at a track like Phoenix(or anywhere in the states) with the Mexico series as the days headline event...
Even when the Australian V8 Supercars came to Texas (i went to that), the crowd was very light. And all of the fans sitting near me, or that I interacted with at the autograph sessions had flown over from Australia for the race. Was a great time for them to have a USA Vacation/V8SC race trip. They had a 3 year deal for that race, but never came back after the first time, i'm sure the crowd would have been much worse the next time. Most of the Australians wouldn't come back a second time, and Americans had no interest in the event...
I find most race fans not to be very open to forms of motorsport that isn't the main thing that they follow. If I go to a dirt race, the attitude of most fans i talk to is "if it ain't dirt, it ain't racin'"(have had that said to me multiple times....).... Late model fans don't like sprint cars... Non-wing sprint fans don't like winged sprint cars... Most NASCAR Fans wont watch anything below the top 3 series (a lot wont watch anything below cup...). Road course people say NASCAR sucks...
Have interacted with fans at events that have these opinions... It's not everyone, but it happens a lot. Makes it hard for these more unusual events to happen. Its a shame
Heck even at the Outlaws world Finals it was crazy the first night to watch late model fans head out after their feature and sprint fans the next night. I don't get it personally but then I guess I'm that way to since I don't really like sportscar racing or open wheel road course racing.

Heck even at the Outlaws world Finals it was crazy the first night to watch late model fans head out after their feature and sprint fans the next night. I don't get it personally but then I guess I'm that way to since I don't really like sportscar racing or open wheel road course racing.
Yeah, I've seen that at the World Finals, and talked to people there who bash the sprints by calling them go carts, etc...
I definitely have my favorites and preferences... and all forms of racing have their bad shows of course... but for me pretty much any top level racing is usually good!
Lower classes that are consistently a wreckfest every time i see them, I can't stand that...
Have not been able to get into motorcycle or drag racing though.

They ran the Mexico Series on Friday night. I never went, but I have been to ISM/PIR before.

I'm stoked Colorado National is most likely back. I thought Meridian was a great market for the West Series and I personally think Douglas County is just the odd man out, but I'd love to go there if it was ever back.

Lower classes that are consistently a wreckfest every time i see them, I can't stand that....
You would of hated the race I went to at Evergreen in Pennsylvania. 50 lap street stock race took an hour and a half and finished at lap 34. Follow that up with a bandalaro race where 3 kids just took turns turning each other. Then the 150 lap modified feature took basically 3 hours...I started calling it the 12 hours of Evergreen. I got there during practice at 11 am racing started at noon...I left at 10:30 pm

They ran the Mexico Series on Friday night. I never went, but I have been to ISM/PIR before.

I'm stoked Colorado National is most likely back. I thought Meridian was a great market for the West Series and I personally think Douglas County is just the odd man out, but I'd love to go there if it was ever back.

Yeah on Friday, I figure they probably had truck series or K&N or something running the same day with it. Not sure on that, just guessing and too lazy to look it up. Not that a day with K&N as the main event gets a huge crowd at a cup track either though...

You would of hated the race I went to at Evergreen in Pennsylvania. 50 lap street stock race took an hour and a half and finished at lap 34. Follow that up with a bandalaro race where 3 kids just took turns turning each other. Then the 150 lap modified feature took basically 3 hours...I started calling it the 12 hours of Evergreen. I got there during practice at 11 am racing started at noon...I left at 10:30 pm

Yeah I’ve been to plenty of races with street stocks or ump modifieds, etc... can’t manage to get a lap in under green... it sucks, especially when it’s cold out. I like when the out most of the support classes after the main event...
Usually when I go to a big asphalt super late model race, it’s a wreckfest until half of the field is already out...
I usually hit 30-50 shows per year and I’m fairly picky about what I’ll go see. Mostly good touring series like nascar modifieds, Pintys, K&N, Arca, world of outlaws sprints and late models, super dirtcar series big blocks...
Nascar modified races can get fairly wrecky sometimes though... seems like especially at the Connecticut tracks, and Thompson in particular...
I usually see a quite good show being picky though

No official schedule release from NASCAR yet but Colorado National has released their 2020 schedule confirming the June 6 west series race .

Well the leaked schedule I found was not entirely correct. Nascar officially released it today.
Feb 20 Vegas
Mar 28 irwindale
May 16 Roseburg, OR
June 6 Colorado
June 13 Sonoma
Aug 8 evergreen
Aug 29 meridian
Oct 10 Roseville Ca
Oct 24 Kern

Gone are Gateway and Iowa(now just on the National ARCA schedule ) and Tucson

Not a bad schedule. I think Tucson is a better racetrack than Phoenix, but they managed to give some tracks each a race that seem to sell pretty well in certain areas that normally wouldn't get NASCAR.

Awesome to see BMR fielding 4 cars in the West Series again. Good for the series to have Scelzi in it.

A lot of sprint drivers getting shots this season Scelzi here and Gravel in trucks

Back
Top Bottom