2020 Busch Clash at Daytona Pre-Race Thread

It's been a dreadful race the last two years - both during the day. They've gotta move it back.

I noticed the track lowered the ticket prices to $85 this year for the reserved tower seating, down from $125, so they're starting to get the hint. It's still about $40 too high imo though.

last year I sat in sec 339 before the trioval club. I paid $50 on stubhub but the face value was $85. The next sec over in 340 it was $125. That was the cost of my 2001 daytona 500 ticket. I miss having arca and the clash on the same day. They moved qualifying because it went from around 20k attending to less than 5k in the last few years before their paired it with the clash.

last year I sat in sec 339 before the trioval club. I paid $50 on stubhub but the face value was $85. The next sec over in 340 it was $125. That was the cost of my 2001 daytona 500 ticket. I miss having arca and the clash on the same day. They moved qualifying because it went from around 20k attending to less than 5k in the last few years before their paired it with the clash.
Yeah I feel bad for the ARCA guys. I started going to that race in the 90s with my dad as a kid and they had a great turn out every year. Now they're on a stand alone date with nothing else going on besides Cup practice in the morning/early afternoon. The last one I went to was in 2016 to see Custer run it, which I believe was also the last time the Clash was at night.

Why can't we run the Clash, Pole Qualifying, and Arca all on Saturday? That's a good card right there. 400 miles of racing between two series. Pole qualifying 1-2:30, driver intros for Acra start at 3/3:30, Clash runs under the lights at 7pm.

Why can't we run the Clash, Pole Qualifying, and Arca all on Saturday? That's a good card right there. 400 miles of racing between two series. Pole qualifying 1-2:30, driver intros for Acra start at 3/3:30, Clash runs under the lights at 7pm.
$$$

The track makes more money by running events on two days instead of one.

Everyone is complaining about there being actual cars on a track this weekend and a race being run since last November . I cant understand that, if there's something I really really really want to do like attend a race at Daytona, I dont care cost. I'd pay the $125 or whatever to go to the Busch Clash, its the Busch Clash thats seriously awesome race. But thats just me..... the real crime and its not being said is that there's no IROC race during Speedweeks anymore. That race was worth the price of admission in itself.

:pbjtime:
EQMQpkrUwAAgL9v

I'm actually watching soccer. Just waiting for it to be over.

After one practice? Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Just saw practice speeds. Yikes. We didn't even see that last year. I wouldn't be too concerned so far.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Theres video of Brad hitting the fence

HMS sure do look good in single-car Q trim...again. Think TRD were smart to get all of that pack running in during the first session with how abbreviated track time is here now.

Hmmm, NASCAR Twitter-pioneer Brad still has his "baby news" tweet up in the top slot. No mention of his boo-boo.

Is there an arca race thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom