2020 Darlington Throwback Schemes

Pretty sure the black / red / silver GM schemes were only on Richard Childress' cars.
oh I thought well when DEI ran the schemes back at Dega when Sr got inducted into the NASCAR HOF she had the rights to all Dale schemes but I guess that didnt make sense because Dillon has ran some. Jimmie's scheme is awesome, might get a shirt.

Brad driving a throwback of his 2010 Xfinity Series Championship car

6749F980-3200-4A66-9D8C-AA4A5AE3FD24.jpeg

Another one I really like. It's the simplicity of it that appeals to me, just like the Junior Johnson throwback. Sometimes I tire of some of the current schemes, they're just way too busy, too much going on. Can't make out all of those details when they're on the track anyway. Less is more.

Some of these are missing it. Not changing number fonts, not changing logos up any... Some of these teams need to go back and look at the CARS Tour Throwback races to see how it's done.

I give the throwback thing two more years at this rate.

I wish these throwbacks were actually painted instead of using wraps. The colors dont match up exactly and it doesn’t have the same sheen.

Sw1qH_Vfklk05p2KfhCeWFyn50W5jmFxJZIMumNvjqU.jpg

lighting and camera differences makes it a guessing game
Except design teams have all of the color codes in a brand kit. It’s just the difference of how vibrant paint is on sheetmetal and how flat ink is on cast vinyl.

not true, maybe 10 years ago it was
View attachment 48688
Thats a high gloss colored wrap fitted specifically for that car designed with some shadow. You can look at the position of the sun and reflections to see that.

There are some really great looking wraps that can be installed and they are incredibly expensive and are highly prone to scratching. Those aren’t the wraps that NASCAR is using.

Even the teams are who are painting their cars still have a much richer look.
24_Byron.jpg

Case in point. Cat is taking a pretty big hit as far a trademark recognition. That scheme was designed for Raybestos. Some of this stuff is so compartmentalized it is almost impossible to duplicate and then there could be copyright logo problems. Notice the number is standing straight up on Reddick's car. It probably was determined it looked better matching the straight up lettering of the sponsor

Last edited:
Which one is painted? Top?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yeah( from going on info that has posted about these two on various other social media sites, the top is paint the bottom is wrapped)

I wish these throwbacks were actually painted instead of using wraps. The colors dont match up exactly and it doesn’t have the same sheen.

Sw1qH_Vfklk05p2KfhCeWFyn50W5jmFxJZIMumNvjqU.jpg

Unreal how much of a difference there is. Never thought to look up the pics to compare.

I wonder if the teams chose to wrap some vs paint some at times though?

I mean to the average person they’d think there’s not a difference in aero, but maybe there’s a little advantage somewhere in the data lol

Unreal how much of a difference there is. Never thought to look up the pics to compare.

I wonder if the teams chose to wrap some vs paint some at times though?

I mean to the average person they’d think there’s not a difference in aero, but maybe there’s a little advantage somewhere in the data lol
Dale Jr. used to say that HMS would put 11 coats of clearcoat on the cars for plate races for an aero advantage. Not sure it makes a difference now.

You can get wraps that mimic a metallic look, but its just not going to look the same.

Yea I think it’s the concept itself that has a lot of fans including myself raving about Jimmies Darlington car.

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom