2020 NASCAR Hall Of Fame Class

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
Voting was as follows: Tony Stewart (88%), Joe Gibbs (72%), Waddell Wilson (72%), Buddy Baker (70%) and Bobby Labonte (67%).

The next top vote-getters were Mike Stefanik, Ray Fox and Hershel McGriff.

Results for the NASCAR.com Fan Vote, in alphabetical order, were Buddy Baker, Neil Bonnett, Harry Gant, Bobby Labonte and Tony Stewart.

The five inductees came from a group of 20 nominees that included, in addition to the five inductees chosen: Sam Ard, Neil Bonnett, Red Farmer, Ray Fox, Harry Gant, John Holman, Harry Hyde, Hershel McGriff, Ralph Moody, Marvin Panch, Jim Paschal, Larry Phillips, Ricky Rudd, Mike Stefanik and Red Vogt.

https://www.jayski.com/2019/05/22/five-legends-named-to-2020-nascar-hall-of-fame-class/

mcgriff was really fast at riverside,but didnt race alot of other races,cool guy

I hope the HOF standards start to get tightened soon. These guys are all deserving, but maybe we're going thru nominations pretty quickly.
Yeah, they should discuss cutting back to 4 per class in the next couple of years, or maybe 4 plus one 'Legacy' entry at least 20 years out of the business.

It was kinda off topic and trolly. You assumed critics weren't posting; plenty of other people weren't either. Why call them out?

Coach in the HOF is on topic to the thread. My cricket reference was a statement of fact that pales in comparison to the endless comments about Coach that are left unmoderated. I hate the troll term, but I will play.....It's like the chicken and the egg....Is it trolling if its in defense of the original troll post(s)? I don't know, and probably don't care. The terms of use need to be changed to reflect the bias that exists IMO.

Bobby Labonte is my all time favorite driver so glad he made it in. I always wonder what if he hadn't wasted the last few years of his primw with Petty Enterprises

I guess I just don't get some of these people voting. If guys like Stewart, The King, Gordon and Dale Sr. don't get 100% of the ballot maybe we need to find different people to be voting on this stuff.....

I guess I just don't get some of these people voting. If guys like Stewart, The King, Gordon and Dale Sr. don't get 100% of the ballot maybe we need to find different people to be voting on this stuff.....
I can't address NASCAR HOF voters but baseball voters have a history of voting against 'sure thing' players explicitly so they won't get 100%.

They are saving their 100% for Kyle Busch.

:sarcasm:

Oh, and there are some baseball voters who won't vote for a guy in his first year of eligibility. It's a bunch of 'tradition' hooey from people who take a game way too seriously (in my opinion).

Bobby Labonte is my all time favorite driver so glad he made it in. I always wonder what if he hadn't wasted the last few years of his primw with Petty Enterprises

Bobby had more wins in him. Never should’ve left JGR. Just ask Bubba Wallace what driving the 43 car does to your career.

Bobby had more wins in him. Never should’ve left JGR. Just ask Bubba Wallace what driving the 43 car does to your career.
I don't remember that one that well, but from what I remember it seemed like he was more pushed out of JGR than choosing to leave?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You know you're getting old when all the guys you watched as a kid in the late 80's into the 90's are getting elected to the HOF. Cant believe Gordon is in and now Stewart, 1999 (His rookie year) seems like it just happened 10 min ago.

Back
Top Bottom