2020 Supermarket Heroes 500 Pre-Race Thread

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
I’ll forget in the morning if I don’t do it now, so we we go.
1590722666880.jpeg
Sunday : 3:30 (Cup Race) - FS1
Monday : 7:00 (Xfinity Race) - FS1

Last edited:
Gonna be some angry people after a week of Bristol and Martinsville. Tempers are absolutely going to fly

Stoked for this one as Bristol is in Chase’s wheelhouse as well. Plus it’s kosher to dump Kyle in revenge for the win here. ;)

Here is the draw for starting positions.

Elliott is calling this a low downforce package and the race is going to be physical on the drivers because of it. I couldn't find anything about the splitter and spoiler reductions, maybe somebody knows?

Elliott is calling this a low downforce package and the race is going to be physical on the drivers because of it. I couldn't find anything about the splitter and spoiler reductions, maybe somebody knows?

The splitter overhang is 0.25 inches (2 inches with the high-downforce package), spoiler size is 2.75 inches. 2017-18 was 2.375 inches.

All the people on here that have been **** talking JHN and Stenhouse the last few years are gonna look like goofballs

Stenhouse is NASCAR's Maldonado.
Maldonado was also extremely fast when he didn't crash, he even won a race at Barcelona.
Meh. 264 races, 17 top 5s.

That being said he has 2 top 5s this season. He’s 2 away from tying his season record. 10 years of trying, 10 years of frustration! Can he do it?

All the people on here that have been **** talking JHN and Stenhouse the last few years are gonna look like goofballs
John Hunter Nemechek has exceeded my expectations. I didn't know those FRM Fords where capable of putting together decent runs. They should lock him up long-term before another team (Hendrick #48?) shows interest.

Maybe they always had the speed, they have Roush-Yates engines under the hood afterall.

As for Stenhouse, he always had the talent. Chevy has caught up to the other manufacturers this year. He's gonna benefit greatly from that.

Okay, I'll bite: why? I can understand you feeling that way about JHN but if Stenhouse has shown us anything new this season, I've missed it. So far he just looks like the same old fabricator's overtime check.

Breaking down on the way to BMS,( and parking)

I'm sure glad they have the drag racing haulers come in the front gate on the front side of the NASCAR track. They made him come in off of the other highway and come in at the drag strips main gate. Then they had to go all the way around the back side of the drag strip for stacking. That one hill he came down by the drag strip is a steep son of a beech.:eek:

• Wow
Reactions: Pat
I'm sure glad they have the drag racing haulers come in the front gate on the front side of the NASCAR track. They made him come in off of the other highway and come in at the drag strips main gate. Then they had to go all the way around the back side of the drag strip for stacking. That one hill he came down by the drag strip is a steep son of a beech.:eek:
I'm concerned about having to go back up it. I hope they have everything tied down, I sure wouldn't be excited about it.

• Wow
Reactions: Pat
I'm concerned about having to go back up it. I hope they have everything tied down, I sure wouldn't be excited about it.
I doubt that they will go out that way. The only reason they went in that way is because they were using our pit parking lot for stacking. Right behind where he was parked is where I was leaning against a chain link fence a couple of years ago and one of Kalitta's top fuel dragsters exploded an engine and the blower snout torpedoed about 300 feet straight for me and hit the steel post I was leaning against and bent the post over then ricocheted back and hit the track concrete wall and rolled about a 100 feet along the side of the track. Just the post bumping me bruised my arm pretty good... But, if it would have been 2 inches to the left I probably wouldn't be typing this tonight. That 3 inch round steel post probably saved my life.

Harvick is driving the Pizza wagon this week

View attachment 47068

That's my favorite scheme and sponsor on the 4. Back in the day we used to eat these when we got the munchies. More recently I hauled some of their frozen product out of Nashville. Great place to load at, they treat drivers first class, they even gave me a free orange hunt brothers t shirt. :D

Yeah, I gathered that much, but a meme is used to convey some information or message. Unfortunately, using a meme assumes the recipient of your message is already familiar with it. Hard as it may be for some to believe In this internet era, few of them are truly universal. I could post an image of Mr. Spock with a raised eyebrow, but it's meaningless if you've never see the original Star Trek series often enough to understand the context. Quoting 'You're gonna need a bigger boat." doesn't get a message across if you haven't seen 'Jaws' and understand it means you just found you aren't properly prepared for the task you've already started. I've almost stopped using "I'm shocked, SHOCKED..." because I can no longer assume enough people have seen 'Casablanca' to understand the comment is cynical, even hypocritcal.

You chose those images for a specific reason; otherwise you could have used the Grand Canyon or Queen Elizabeth or a flower pot. In this case, I have no context for these two images of ... a monkey in a spacesuit? What were you trying to say?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom