2021 Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Kimball is back in a third Foyt car this weekend so 28 cars for the finale.

Iirc, Newgarden (-48) needs a win, O’Ward (-35) no worse than second, and a lot of help to take the title away from Palou.

Kimball is back in a third Foyt car this weekend so 28 cars for the finale.

Iirc, Newgarden (-48) needs a win, O’Ward (-35) no worse than second, and a lot of help to take the title away from Palou.

If Palou finishes 11th or better he wins the championship no matter what.
Newgarden needs to win from pole and lead the most laps with Palou finishing 24th or worse.
If Pato wins but doesn't lead the most laps Palou needs to finish 14th or better to win.
If Pato finishes second without any bonus points he can't win the championship because Palou has three 3rd-place finishes while Pato only has two.

Looking forward to the final race as I don't care who wins it or who wins the championship. I can just sit back and hope it plays out that the best driver deserves it.

Newgarden doing exactly what he needed to do. Seems like O’Ward and Palou got screwed with the local yellow at the end of the Fast 12 though. Now he needs Power to wipe them both out…

Newgarden doing exactly what he needed to do. Seems like O’Ward and Palou got screwed with the local yellow at the end of the Fast 12 though. Now he needs Power to wipe them both out…

Dixon is right there though. He actually looked fast for a change.

They really put the last race on NBCSN?

Hate to beat a dead horse but Palou and especially Pato for sure got screwed on the no call from race control. Hinch and Felix sped through the flagged sector, Pato and Palou slowed down.

Hate to beat a dead horse but Palou and especially Pato for sure got screwed on the no call from race control. Hinch and Felix sped through the flagged sector, Pato and Palou slowed down.

Why didn't the respective teams make a complaint? If a random twitter guy manages to find this kind of discrepancy, surely Indycar can do an in depth look into it. But I guess they do need a show...

Why didn't the respective teams make a complaint? If a random twitter guy manages to find this kind of discrepancy, surely Indycar can do an in depth look into it. But I guess they do need a show...
Thing is they did, and it was reviewed, and they opted not to call anything on those* guys. They took a lap from Jones, who also went fastest on his last lap. Considering the yellow was never pulled it just boggles the mind.

Haven’t heard Helio this mad probably since Edmonton many moons ago.

Helio is pumped up, he's got a lot more to show than just an Indy 500 victory.

Did anyone hear this watching the warm-up? I don't care for Dededee Land, but he's always watching:

I'm out running or was out running.

Helio is pumped up, he's got a lot more to show than just an Indy 500 victory.

Did anyone hear this watching the warm-up? I don't care for Dededee Land, but he's always watching:

I'm out running or was out running.

Ride share with Calderon is kinda meh, but whatever keeps the boat afloat I guess. I thought they had an option on Seb and were looking at expanding though.

I did read he may be in contention for one of the CGR DPi rides, maybe that’s what he does as a backup plan?

Ride share with Calderon is kinda meh, but whatever keeps the boat afloat I guess. I thought they had an option on Seb and were looking at expanding though.

I did read he may be in contention for one of the CGR DPi rides, maybe that’s what he does as a backup plan?
I would not count Seb out of CGR or AXR at this point.

Both will need drivers with Magnussen and Nasr both moving on to different operations.

Don't forget about the Mazda DPi drivers either, but Seb with his familiarity in the GM camp will definately generate some interest there.

LOL my money is on good old Helio on a 1 on 1 situation.

I get the sense drivers have a harsh opinion of Rossi since he’s always pushing the limits. Is also Rich from Rossi about Castroneves jumping in line or whatever when Rossi was pulling a Keselowski racing people last week when he was lapped already.

After Nashville Power is more likely to take out his own teammates!

We all love Joseph, but none uf us wants him to win this particular championship. Him winning would take the other two getting screwed out of it. As it is, if Palou doesn't win, it will be an injustice.

thank god for Diffey for diffusing the dumb these two other dudes are putting on display. Full body cringe up in here. Lol

Btw, Felix/Pato/Herta are running low downforce - no rear wing wicker. Helped Felix and Pato on that opening lap.

Andretti and Myers-Shank have had bad blood boiling all season.
I'll bet it has something to do with Honda brownie points or something. Andretti must feel like they are THE Honda team (and have earned that position), but Shank stole Indianapolis right out from under their noses. Rossi made several references to "Honda teammates," so there has to be something here.

Of course, since Shank was denied entry to the series by not being able to get a Honda or Chevy, I would not blame them for telling everyone to pound sand. Teammates with other teams and a manufacturer who froze us out? Pound sand, losers.

Besides, what else could there be bad blood over? This team has had very few on-track run ins with anyone. Harvey has been a little wild in his defenses, but that's not a team thing. That's a driver on driver issue.

I'm going to give Rossi a pass for running his mouth here. He's had a miserable two or three years, all without a lot of complaining. Perhaps today was just the breaking point and Rossi wasn't going to take any more s*** from anyone. I'm not crazy about the guy, but he's really, really fast and should be winning some races. Maybe Herta stole his mojo.

I did like Helio's interview yesterday. He made it sound like this was the plan all along, and not they are set to go into next year ready to win, which is hard to argue against considering his grid slot today.

Shanks has had an interesting year. Outside of Indy, there's not many results worth talking about. Harvey qualifies really well but rarely delivers on race day. Helio fell flat after Indy, so if you take that out they had a bad year. Still, winning Indy kills a lot of demons.

In IMSA, they could have won a couple except they went with cute alternate strategy. You've only got to beat five cars. Do it on speed instead of praying for a yellow. Don't be cute. Just go flat out and let it all fall wherever it falls.

How Shank will do next year? No telling until we know who the second driver is, and no telling in IMSA until we see the cars run in 2022 BOP trim. Still, you know Helio is gong to be a rocket at Indy, and in IMSA anything can happen.

Ed Jones is a ****head. Wow I’m speechless.

Has this guy even gotten a penalty yet?

Dixon ahead of Newgarden off the pits.

Back
Top Bottom