2021 Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach

Kinda wanted Pato to pop off like Helio this morning but that was a decent interview.

You gotta be kidding Herta. Where did he come from?

Not the way Askew needed to end his audition. Really curious to see who gets the 45, seems like Bob Rahal, Lanigan, and Piers Phillips all want a different one of the three.

This race seems longer than it is. This is how I can tell I woke up way too early today..

Herta effectively made this race a snooze fest. Only watching rest to watch Palou win his first.

Wait a minute...wait a minute...WAIT A MINUTE

The tire fall off made the last few laps interested at least.

Palou is definitely the new Dixon in more than just being consistent. He’s also ice cold. He’s completely unfazed.

Good luck trying mind games on him. El español está bueno! Vamos

Ed Jones is a ****head. Wow I’m speechless.

Has this guy even gotten a penalty yet?
Alex got fourth, so it would not have made a difference either way.

I don't know what else you could expect having the finale at such a miserable venue. There is almost always a pile up at the 32 mph hairpin, and wouldn't you know it that would be the place that knocked out one of the contenders?

Alex got fourth, so it would not have made a difference either way.

I don't know what else you could expect having the finale at such a miserable venue. There is almost always a pile up at the 32 mph hairpin, and wouldn't you know it that would be the place that knocked out one of the contenders?

Are you seriously taking a stand for Ed Jones here? Haha screw him.

This is where I like NASCAR iron fist rule in the “playoffs.” Don’t mess with the championship leaders or we’ll tune you out.

Should really be common sense but drivers tend to be dumb about these things.

Are you seriously taking a stand for Ed Jones here?
I didn't say that at all. I suggest you read it again. I didn't even mention Jones. All I mentioned was the pile up.

Long beach is a garbage circuit. They have regular pileups in that hairpin. I did say that and I stand by it.

I didn't say that at all. I suggest you read it again. I didn't even mention Jones. All I mentioned was the pile up.

Long beach is a garbage circuit. They have regular pileups in that hairpin. I did say that and I stand by it.
That was the only incident there this weekend. Don’t remember seeing anything happen there in the IMSA race. It’s more than doable if you’re just not an idiot.

There was only one pile up this weekend, but look back through the years and there have been plenty. IMSA had the GT class get bottled necked there a couple of years ago, right on the last lap too, and it effected the outcome. Years ago Zanardi lost an entire lap stacked up behind wrecked cars, and came back to win. There's more, but I'de have to look it up.

Mostly I hate Long Beach because we generally don't get good races there and it destroys a lot of good cars. That and I don't see a lot o sex appeal in Indycars going around a 32mph hairpin.

Well, I just got around to watching it. After Colton completed his march to the sea, it was pretty much a snoozer. Glad for Palou, and ready for 2022.

Back
Top Bottom