2021 Camping World Truck Series

Agree that NASCAR is going too far with this. What is she,19? You ever hear kids this age talk? She speaks pretty good when I see interviews and this little slip seems trivial. How does NASCAR even come into this situation?
Nascar is falling prey to the cancel culture like everyone else. "You toe the line or your entity will cease to exist."

I think they are going to far with this political correctness and I have just about had enough of this. Why don't some people get a little thick skin and quit whining about this crap.
It used to be said "Sticks and stones may break some bones but Names can never hurt you"
Sheeeeeesh.
Not saying someone out there might be offended by her use of this word. I do wonder who that person is and doubt they would have been listening to her at the time. When I was growing up the name of one of the classes in elementary school was the retarded class. I am not saying it is appropriate to call someone with a learning disability retarted, but hey I am a blonde...what do I know.

I think they are going to far with this political correctness and I have just about had enough of this. Why don't some people get a little thick skin and quit whining about this crap.
It used to be said "Sticks and stones may break some bones but Names can never hurt you"
Sheeeeeesh.
If your intention isn't to insult someone, why use an insulting word?

If your intention isn't to insult someone, why use an insulting word?
Insulting word is what you make of it. Its all in your head.
At one time I had flaming red hair and someone called me Rusty. Now that is insulting.
To anyone else it meant nothing. See my point? If you're looking for a reason to whine you can make a deal out of anything.

At one time I had flaming red hair and someone called me Rusty. Now that is insulting.
To anyone else it meant nothing. See my point? If you're looking for a reason to whine you can make a deal out of anything.
Not even close to the same situation.

Did you tell them you found it demeaning and ask them to stop using the name?

In the current case, she used the word with the intent to insult, implying there’s something less than acceptable about mental retardation and that it’s okay to mock it. People with developmental conditions have ask repeatedly that the wod not be used; that doesn’t seem unreasonable or ‘politically correct’.

If I say "hay you, retard" am I speaking to you or every person slightly challenged in the world?

Brett Holmes Racing expands into the truck series:

Up and coming super-shoe, Sam Mayer, will drive in select races in the truck and ARCA series. Awesome news!

Why does that matter?

Regardless of who you're speaking to, what's the point of your message?
Her audience at the time wasn't buds in a living room or a playground or fighting with her brothers like some here seem to be focused on. She was representing Ford Motor Company primarily, and the Nascar Truck series secondly, and no telling how many others. The other more important moral problem with what she said were the fans with disabilities who were watching the event, some of them were parents, loved ones. Words Matter.

The other more important moral problem with what she said were the fans with disabilities who were watching the event, some of them were parents, loved ones.
And you can be sure Ford, NASCAR, and sponsors know that disabled people, their families and friends are money-spending consumers too.

Includes 5 GMS trucks this year

Coming off another successful year, the Drivers Edge Development Program, presented by Chevrolet, GMS Racing and JR Motorsports, announced the program’s 2021 driver class. The class includes five returning drivers – Zane Smith, Sheldon Creed, Tyler Ankrum, Noah Gragson and Sam Mayer, as well as newcomers Chase Purdy, Raphael Lessard, Jack Wood and Will Cox.

RW_Truck_1-13-21.jpg

Wtf.

Eckes and Enfinger will split the 98 this season:

I would have gotten Sauter tf out of there.

Hate it for Enfinger, Eckes must have sponsorship

Hate it for Enfinger, Eckes must have sponsorship
Eckes is still backed by TRD, I doubt its a sponsor, but Toyota probably had something to do with this and is paying for Eckes to race.

This is really questionable though.

No such thing as cancel culture.

Try again.
There sure the heck is....Facebook, Twitter, Google, Amazon...they are all guilty of it. Heck....even our government is pushing conformity of thought and if you have a different opinion, they will get rid of you.

Back
Top Bottom