2021 Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix

lol NBC ****ting their pants to go to something no one is going to watch.

You've already stayed this far along with the race so why not stick 5 more minutes for the interviews?
NBC effed up their scheduling today, even with the race running long. We missed the start of the race because of la Crosse, at least where I am.

Low-key, this would be a slap in the face. You let me go, all to let me be a replacement for Rosenqvist...
Oliver is a good kid so I think he’s just focused on doing anything he can to get back to IndyCar. I think it helps that Spire is no longer his management and he’s at the track every week working with Andretti’s Lights guys. Teams like seeing you grind if you don’t hold a seat already.

2 days in a row we're not getting the Indycar coverage scheduled. No respect and poor planning by NBC.

American Ninja is a high priority for them. Rofl these clowns.

Why is nbcsn even there when you don’t even use it for actual live sports?

This is going five sets and running on CNBC for sure.

American Ninja is a high priority for them. Rofl these clowns.

Race doesn’t start until 12:50 so I don’t think they care about missing mostly pre-race. But then they have lacrosse again at 1.

A major tennis final is higher on the pecking order, there is no way around that.

NBCSN is shutting down by the end of the year. Moving there isn't any favor either.

Nice of Dan Hicks of NBC to throw IndyCar under the bus. "By the way, the Detroit Grand Prix is on CNBC right now if that is your choice. But I don't know why it would be."

Yes, the French Open is the higher profile event and no doubt is the higher priority. But questioning why someone would want to switch to CNBC to watch the Indy race instead of the French Open.

Last edited:
The tennis match is really good stuff, I'm switching back and forth. Kinda wish NBC would do a side-by-side with the two conflicting events instead of slapping a graphic on the screen.

One thing I don’t like about the strategy here is that the reds are pretty much worthless.

Of course Rossi would be broken and suffering due to Dixon driving into the side of Grosjean.

You would think it’d be the other way around. That was a hard whack from Dixon. I can’t believe Dixon’s wing survived that.

Don't really understand what Cindric was trying to do with Newgarden. He was basically the only guy in the top 18 or 20 to start on blacks. The play all weekend has been to run reds at the beginning and for just as long as necessary. Regardless of having to come in early to cover for a potential caution there they would've had to finish on reds and no one else wants to do that.

Wonder if they'll do all of the post match ceremonies of the French Open on NBC or move all of that over to Peacock? If they do it on NBC might as well do the entire race on CNBC

Wonder if they'll do all of the post match ceremonies of the French Open on NBC or move all of that over to Peacock? If they do it on NBC might as well do the entire race on CNBC

Looks like they are doing generous post-match coverage. No rush whatsoever. Now that is a diss.

Showed the Grand Prix for about a minute on NBC and said they'd go back to Paris, but didn't say how long it would be. I'm thinking no earlier than 2pm Eastern.

Being preempted by other live competition is pretty standard but after everything that ran long yesterday got booted the second it ended, a bunch of post-match coverage seems pretty questionable.

Being preempted by other live competition is pretty standard but after everything that ran long yesterday got booted the second it ended, a bunch of post-match coverage seems pretty questionable.

Do people watch post ceremony crap? It's literally a litany of boring thank speeches.

Basically this is what it boils down to..

When your own players want **** wrapped up fast because they're tired af, it's time to shorten speeches.

These guys are a joke with the constant switching. Now it's back to the main channel? Real professional.

Back
Top Bottom