2021 Dixie Vodka 400 - Pre-Race Thread

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
Time of the last leg of the Florida swing as we head to Homestead for the Cup and Xfinity Series
1614012211909.jpeg

Xfinity - 4:30 PM Saturday (FS1)
Cup - 3:30 PM Sunday (FOX)

Some former winners of this race
1614014198887.png
1614014213204.png
1614014228155.png
1614014244543.png
1614014268676.png
1614014315846.png
1614014346805.png

Attachments

• 1614014228954.jpeg
    1614014228954.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
I hope Larson and Elliott practice their technique because they slide jobbed their way right out of a top ten finish yesterday. :)
Tough deal with both of them blowing good finishes late in the race. It's big oval time now though. It's going to be interesting to see if the Hendrick's have been doing their homework for the big O's

Tough deal with both of them blowing good finishes late in the race. It's big oval time now though. It's going to be interesting to see if the Hendrick's have been doing their homework for the big O's
I agree 100%. I'm just having some fun with a disappointing day yesterday. Actually in drag racing terms I have always said if a driver doesn't red light once in a while they aren't trying hard enough. I was really impressed with Larson yesterday and really thought he was going to get a top 5 finish. Chase is one of the best on a RC right now. I don't know what happened to Bowman's car that damaged his front end. But he made it from 36th to 16th in the first stage and then he started falling back again before moving back forward to land a top 10 finish.

I agree 100%. I'm just having some fun with a disappointing day yesterday. Actually in drag racing terms I have always said if a driver doesn't red light once in a while they aren't trying hard enough. I was really impressed with Larson yesterday and really thought he was going to get a top 5 finish. Chase is one of the best on a RC right now. I don't know what happened to Bowman's car that damaged his front end. But he made it from 36th to 16th in the first stage and then he started falling back again before moving back forward to land a top 10 finish.
I couldn't follow Byron very well either. He was all over the place. Larson was up in the top 10 or better for most of the race.

Have they decided who has been anointed the pole for this race yet, and who the marketing/media has decided to be given the most advantage?

I lost track of Byron also. Now I'm getting pumped for Homestead. :)
It isn't because Hendrick Motorsports hasn't given Byron every chance to be successful. Now they gave him Rudy Fugle for a crew chief. Maybe Byron can turn it around but right now it isn't looking good. 29th?

I hate to be annoying and super-fan this guy but this is a track that suits Ryan Preece very well. He's had OK finishes here in Cup and he's 2-for-4 with top 10's in Xfinity. I'm really expecting a top 20 finish but if he can pull off another top 10 that'd be an amazing run for this team.

I hate to be annoying and super-fan this guy but this is a track that suits Ryan Preece very well. He's had OK finishes here in Cup and he's 2-for-4 with top 10's in Xfinity. I'm really expecting a top 20 finish but if he can pull off another top 10 that'd be an amazing run for this team.
That would be great to see.

Interesting picks....MTJ? Hmmmm....Certainly, I would be cool with that, but interesting. The rest make sense...but hmmmmmm. Gonna be fun!
I think he picked them from throwing darts myself. Where's Bell, or Harvick, Logano?

I think he picked them from throwing darts myself. Where's Bell, or Harvick, Logano?
Especially Harvick.....If he can get the bottom going like he does....he will do what he does.

I’m feeling Kyle Busch today. They found their oval speed late last season. He probably has the motivation to get the W early.

Larson is probably a safe pick though.

Everybody is gonna pick Larson but this feels like a Hamlin or Chase Elliott win

Can we just say it’s not the 1.5 length or the car, it’s the shape of the track that causes lame racing?

While I certainly have a gripe against some of the horsepower decisions, the tri-oval shape in general lends its self to poorer racing.

Alex Bowman, driver of the No. 48 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet, and Corey LaJoie, driver of the No. 7 Spire Motorsports Chevrolet, will start out back for unapproved adjustments before the 267-lap, 400.5-mile race at the 1.5-mile South Florida track. Bowman was slated to start 13th, while LaJoie was in the 25th starting position.

A third car, the No. 15 Rick Ware Racing Chevrolet driven by James Davison, will also start at the rear for failing pre-race inspection twice. Davison was originally supposed to start 29th.

Hamlin to the rear for unapproved adjustments. That’ll be fun to watch. One of the top two or three favorites of the day.

Unapproved adjustments post-inspection without a single practice or qualifying lap.

Motive?

With Hamlin, Bowman, and Reddick starting in the back should make it interesting to say the least. I'm not surprised about Bowman though...he has had something out of his control screw him at just about every race so far this year...or maybe they are going for passing points to make up for all they lost at Daytona. :)

Hamlin to the rear for unapproved adjustments. That’ll be fun to watch. One of the top two or three favorites of the day.

when was the last time a top contender went to the back of the field and didn't win the race

Back
Top Bottom