2021 IndyCar Miscellaneous Thread

Simon and Helio is a top duo to have at the Speedway.
What a masterstroke for Shank.

Michael Shank is for real. He built all this from basically nothing and we should all be proud of him.

First, what a hell of a team. All they need now is Sato! I definately think Simon has a few more wins left in him, and maybe even another 500. Penske has a history of throwing his drivers away a little early; Unser jr, Sneva, Sullivan... All of them went on to win elsewhere after they were dropped. Unser sr. came back to Penske and won the 500 for him, but he got dumped first. Sneva and Helio came back with different teams and won the 500 and I wouldn't bet against Simon doing the same thing.

One negative for Penkse is now two of his former 500 champions are in the Andretti/Shank technical partnership. All their set up knowledge goes straight to Andretti.

Other than what’s in Pagenaud’s head, how would that be accomplished?
Through the technical support deal with Andretti. I'm sure Helio brought a lot of good infiormation when he came over too, as proven by the 500 win.

Through the technical support deal with Andretti. I'm sure Helio brought a lot of good infiormation when he came over too, as proven by the 500 win.
I don’t understand.

What tech support deals does Andretti have? With whom?

Thanks.

I'm still baffled by the idea that Penske set-up info goes with Pagenaud.

I’m watching the Gateway Indy Car race and I have to admit I think I’m more partial to the oval races on the schedule. Not asking for a ton more but maybe out of all the ones not being used, can they go back to two of Kentucky, Chicago, Milwaukee, Homestead Phoenix or Vegas? I remember watching this race here, fun times

I’m watching the Gateway Indy Car race and I have to admit I think I’m more partial to the oval races on the schedule. Not asking for a ton more but maybe out of all the ones not being used, can they go back to two of Kentucky, Chicago, Milwaukee, Homestead Phoenix or Vegas? I remember watching this race here, fun times
Back when the split occurred I instantly became a supporter of the IRL for one reason, more emphasis on oval racing. I didn't care about the politics of the split and to me it seemed as if CART just just trying to emulate F1, which I was already losing interest in. Now I can't even feign interest in F1 and would probably feel the same way about Indy racing by now had "the war" not occurred to get American open wheel back on track

Back when the split occurred I instantly became a supporter of the IRL for one reason, more emphasis on oval racing. I didn't care about the politics of the split and to me it seemed as if CART just just trying to emulate F1, which I was already losing interest in. Now I can't even feign interest in F1 and would probably feel the same way about Indy racing by now had "the war" not occurred to get American open wheel back on track
I don't know that we are back on track yet. We're down to a single superspeedway race, a Texas double header and Gateway. That's only three venues.

Of course, it doesn't help that people don't go to the races. Even the Texas stands looked pretty bleak, and that used to be an Indycar staple. Fans stopped going to Milwaukee, Phoenix, Michigan, and they never went to Fontana. I don't know what is wrong. Maybe the wholesale dumbing down of America is so far along that all people care about is whatever is on their cell phone.

Where Indycar consistently goes wrong is not promoting everything about the series as connected to Indianapolis. These are the cars of Indianapolis and these are the stars of Indianapolis, and, you get the idea. Every telecast should start there. All the 500 winners should always be referred to as such. The series needs to promote Indianapolis at it's core. It's all about Indy anyway. You promote the 500 because a series is nothing without it's pinnacle.

Pretty much the entire history of the US national championship is becoming more and more irrelevant as the series seems to distance itself from what made it great. I have no answer, just an observation.

I don't know that we are back on track yet. We're down to a single superspeedway race, a Texas double header and Gateway. That's only three venues.

Of course, it doesn't help that people don't go to the races. Even the Texas stands looked pretty bleak, and that used to be an Indycar staple. Fans stopped going to Milwaukee, Phoenix, Michigan, and they never went to Fontana. I don't know what is wrong. Maybe the wholesale dumbing down of America is so far along that all people care about is whatever is on their cell phone.

Where Indycar consistently goes wrong is not promoting everything about the series as connected to Indianapolis. These are the cars of Indianapolis and these are the stars of Indianapolis, and, you get the idea. Every telecast should start there. All the 500 winners should always be referred to as such. The series needs to promote Indianapolis at it's core. It's all about Indy anyway. You promote the 500 because a series is nothing without it's pinnacle.

Pretty much the entire history of the US national championship is becoming more and more irrelevant as the series seems to distance itself from what made it great. I have no answer, just an observation.
I agree and I hope and believe Roger realizes this going forward. But without the split I believe Indy might be the only oval left in the series by now.

IndyCar’s marketing/social engagement is almost nonexistent. I’m not sure more than a small handful of people even work on it. It’s almost as bad as when Ecclestone was in charge of F1. It’s been night and day since Liberty Media took over and guess what, it’s paying dividends.

Back
Top Bottom