2021 IndyCar Miscellaneous Thread

Dale Coyne seems like the most likely spot for Sato:
I'm somewhat meh on Takuma spend his last few years in Indy with DCR, but its an upgrade over Jones. It would actually be amazing to see him in the 18, 51, or whatever number he uses.

My apologies, I don't hate DCR at all. They are just wildly inconsistent at times.
If they manage to land Kirkwood he and Sato would be a pretty formidable duo.

Maybe worth considering is that the Acura DPI program will likely land in Mikey's lap, and Sato is about the right age to retire into sportscars. Throw Marco in the car too and you'de have a formidable package.
Andretti were going after the Audi factory program which may or may not actually happen now, Acura are pretty well set with Wayne Taylor and Meyer Shank.

I did read that the MSR Acura may be a landing spot for RHR next year if he can’t land one of the remaining IndyCar seats with RLL or maybe ECR’s road course driver in the #20.

Kind of surprised to see Roger’s baby at Belle Isle go down to only one race on USA. Not surprised about Toronto being the Peacock race. Good that the season goes only one week into NFL season than three. I understand Texas is where it is because of the NBC TV window but being on the same weekend as Sebring is still maddening.🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Kind of surprised to see Roger’s baby at Belle Isle go down to only one race on USA. Not surprised about Toronto being the Peacock race. Good that the season goes only one week into NFL season than three. I understand Texas is where it is because of the NBC TV window but being on the same weekend as Sebring is still maddening.🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Is Peakcock proving to be a failure do you think?

I hate that qualifying is no longer on accessible channels anymore. I have to pirate the hell out of it. Lol

they do show qualifying replays but who’s gonna stay up until midnight to watch something like qualifying.

That's odd, that's how I feel about pirating something like qualifying.

Not at all. At the moment qualifying is going on live it’s like 5 PM and streams are plentiful. It’s one thing to catch it then then waiting until 1130 to watch it on a dead channel.

I’m probably one of the last 30 year old something person who still has cable. If it wasn’t for F1 and a few other sports I would have cut cable years ago.

Is Peakcock proving to be a failure do you think?

I hate that qualifying is no longer on accessible channels anymore. I have to pirate the hell out of it. Lol

they do show qualifying replays but who’s gonna stay up until midnight to watch something like qualifying.
It’s only a matter of time before they add IMSA and NASCAR coverage to it as well. Notre Dame had their first exclusive game on it last week, starting this season all Sunday Night Football games are simulcast on it. I think the simulcasting option will be good for a number of people who have no other reason to maintain cable.

Not at all. At the moment qualifying is going on live it’s like 5 PM and streams are plentiful. It’s one thing to catch it then then waiting until 1130 to watch it on a dead channel.

I’m probably one of the last 30 year old something person who still has cable. If it wasn’t for F1 and a few other sports I would have cut cable years ago.

I love cable because I’m lazy lol. It’s so nice to just flip through channels and click something as opposed to actually sitting and watching shows

I really like the early start to the season. Like I said earlier if like to see at least two fast ovals outside of Indy. I also liked the doubleheader at Detroit.
14 races on NBC is very positive for IndyCar.

I'm really glad to see the ex-Haas guys doing well in Indycar. I remember an interview at the beginning of this season when someone asked Dale Coyne why he had hired a driver who had done so poorly in F1. Dale said that he knew Romain was a good driver and that frankly he had been held back by the F1 team he had been on.

Didn't know where to post this, so this is as good as any. I came across this on youtube and thought you guys would like it.........

I'm really glad to see the ex-Haas guys doing well in Indycar. I remember an interview at the beginning of this season when someone asked Dale Coyne why he had hired a driver who had done so poorly in F1. Dale said that he knew Romain was a good driver and that frankly he had been held back by the F1 team he had been on.
Poorly in F1?

A 10 time podium guy in Grojsean was never a bad driver. Romain honestly had a very solid F1 career, just Haases last two seasons left a lot to be desired.

You see it with the rookies now.

Poorly in F1?

A 10 time podium guy in Grojsean was never a bad driver. Romain honestly had a very solid F1 career, just Haases last two seasons left a lot to be desired.

You see it with the rookies now.
Those Lotus podiums may as well be ancient history to a lot of American fans and media who have only seen or covered a few years of F1, tbf. It wouldn’t be crazy that someone would ask that if they basically knew him from DTS, Ericsson hit us, and catching on fire.

Didn't know where to post this, so this is as good as any. I came across this on youtube and thought you guys would like it.........

That green Chevy just needs to stay far away from that bridge. :laugh: Someone put a lot of time into that. They should make one using NASCAR diecasts.

That green Chevy just needs to stay far away from that bridge. :laugh: Someone put a lot of time into that. They should make one using NASCAR diecasts.
I loved how the dirt would explode and what the hanging particles did with the light. Best viewed after smoking a fat one.

Remember how badly we treated those diecasts? Remember all the stuff we destroyed having a blast? Now look at what some of that stuff is getting on Ebay!

Good to see DHL is in fact returning, he’ll be great for their international marketing.

RACER also buried at the bottom of their article that Romain will likely be the fourth driver for Wayne Taylor Racing in the Rolex 24 next year through HPD.

Foyt wants three cars next season, Tatiana Calderon's name is being thrown around with RoKiT being a sponsor of hers:

If, Calderon and Kellet are fronting the bill. I could see SeaBass staying at Foyt next season.

Great for Rinus. I broke my collarbone when I was young, maybe a little older than Rinus, and it took eight months before it wasn't the first thing I thought about every morning. I'm sure that did not help his campaign, so I'm glad he's getting another chance.

The best I can say about the rest is at least Kellett and Calderon will keep people employed.
At least Calderon won't be bad to look at. All she has to do now is produce. Hopefully she will work out better than Carmen Jorda.

Speaking of the ladies, Catherine Legge had a great run yesterday at the beach.

Back
Top Bottom