2021 IndyCar Miscellaneous Thread

Kiante

Team Owner
2021 starts here:

DragonSpeed shuts down it's IndyCar program, on the other hand, the chassis they owned has by purchased by MSR:

All things considered, I don’t think that’s a bad time at all for Jimmie. He gained a little over 2.5 seconds between the morning and afternoon sessions. I don’t put much stock into the standings as a lot of this is checking off different boxes (as shown by Penske), but looks like Felix da Costa did very well too.

I mean Jimmie almost caught up to Marco already

This is so bad ass he’s doing this, but I’m worried he’s lost something in NASCAR and if that’s true how is he going to find the speed in Indy Car to be competitive.

Bourdais back full-time, Palou to CGR, JJ coming in, McLaughlin coming in, Helio doing some more races...
A couple more oval races and it would be perfect.

We keep dreaming and dreaming of Richmond, Pocono, NHMS. Hell Milwaukee too.

I'd love to see Pocono back but I'm not a big fan of shorter tracks in IndyCar because passing is very difficult at those tracks. I'd prefer tracks like Kentucky, Chicago or Michigan being added.
I honestly wish Kentucky would stick around as an IndyCar/NXS/Truck standalone venue, more so than Chicago due to fan support.

I’m a little appalled honestly that the Kentucky fans got screwed, it seemed like nobody cared in Joliet/Chicago, IMO anyway.

Having the “Michigan 500”, “Pocono 500”, and “Indianapolis 500” would be pretty sweet. I think with the windscreen it should be considered again.

Last edited:
Captain is not happy with Indy Lights series.
Pretty rare to see Roger pissed like that. Kinda surprised he wasn’t expecting it go over that poorly though. The messaging behind it wasn’t very good.

Hopefully Dan Andersen is right here and it’s behind them, and that the car count gets back into double digits as anticipated.

Bourdais back full-time, Palou to CGR, JJ coming in, McLaughlin coming in, Helio doing some more races...
A couple more oval races and it would be perfect.
I hope they can get more crowds back next year, especially for the 500, because there’s so much lost revenue that it might be pretty dire if some of these promoters get impacted again. IMS and the series is said to have lost a sum of money closer to nine figures than to seven figures in 2020. So that’s what I want to see the most, because as you said there’s a fair amount of intrigue in several areas that it would suck to see overshadowed.

Wait a minute, I thought Bryant was a long-time sponsor of AJ Foyt Enterprises?
They’ve been with a lot of teams at one point or another, they were with Foyt at points before for sure but they’ve been with Kanaan at Andretti, KV, and Ganassi before too.

This is a very good interview (about half an hour). No question Jimmie is serious about this deal and wants to be competitive. I was surprised to hear they’re even kicking around the idea of him getting in an F3 car or something similar to get around the testing blackout periods.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom