2021 Instacart 500 Pre-Race Thread

Was he battling the 9? Didn't see the 9 anywhere around Martin....and since everything was behind him....well, ya know. Love MY Toyota wins.
Didn’t see Martin around Chase either the last time they raced in Phoenix too

EB25B3DC-2876-46CD-B137-C5E5200F82BD.jpeg

Tbh they beat themselves. With track position minus the speeding penalties (especially for Larson), it may have been a whole different race. But still congrats.
Not really. MTJ was the fastest car, Larson was somewhere in the neighborhood....and then went to crap at the end. I will agree that the Hendrick execution was abysmal, however. Amazing adjustment(s) by Small. That car was nothing when the race begin, and then just came to life. Thanks on the congrats. Love winning weeks.

Yeah but most weeks it's more suprising when a Toyota isn't sent to the back even with less entries than everyone else

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Really? Most weeks? C'mon.

Not really. MTJ was the fastest car, Larson was somewhere in the neighborhood....and then went to crap at the end. I will agree that the Hendrick execution was abysmal, however. Amazing adjustment(s) by Small. That car was nothing when the race begin, and then just came to life. Thanks on the congrats. Love winning weeks.
The adjustments for Larson atleast may have been better also with track position and/or clean air. He was probably the only one close to Truex anyway, and he did seem to have the fastest car for a while. Just bad adjustments at the end. Maybe they would have adjusted differently in different circumstance. Also part of the growing pains for a new team/driver/crew combo who is probably still trying to get a feel for what he likes in a car etc.

Was he battling the 9? Didn't see the 9 anywhere around Martin....and since everything was behind him....well, ya know. Love MY Toyota wins.
Yeah you're right, when they have been directly head to head its been overwhelmingly 9. Prob good for Martin 😎

Back
Top Bottom