2021 O’Reilly Auto Parts 253 - Pre-Race Thread

AP and Brembo are the others. 3 or 4 years ago, Martinsville brake packages cost approx $10,000 per corner.

There are other suppliers that do only pads. Lots of choices. Find the best combo for your cars on your brake dynamometer.

They shoulda’ called these guys.

They’d be glad to get the hell out of Texas.

1613686451422.jpeg

Glorius photos will be in abundance this weekend.

As someone who plays F1 2020, yeah these kerbs do their job extremely well as someone who hunts for apexes... Maybe a lite too much at times...

Lol as someone who frequents Go Pro Motorplex I can attest in real life they’re quite the oof

good shot coming into the bus stop

1613694624385.png

Such as several drivers broached the idea to NASCAR leadership, with Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Martin Truex Jr., Joey Logano, Kyle Larson and Chase Briscoe among the group contributing specific ideas.

Heads up. Trucks on the Daytona road course for the first time, no practice, no qualifying, no nothing, just go for it.

1613758597408.png

Heads up. Trucks on the Daytona road course for the first time, no practice, no qualifying, no nothing, just go for it.
As I recall, last summer they ran their first stage admirably. Then they let that go to their heads and turned the second stage into a wreckfest, but they got their collective act together for the last leg.

I think the Clash was the fifth race by a NASCAR touring series on this layout, and it hasn't disappointed yet (nor have the three Charlotte Roval events).

The lack of P&Q doesn't seem to have slowed down anyone (not named Kyle Busch). I admit last spring I thought the Cuppers would all pile up at Darlington on lap 1, turn 1, but they just sailed on through (except Stenhouse, and he at least made it to turn 2). Perhaps these guys are pretty good drivers after all, even the Truckers.

Last edited:
As I recall, last summer they ran their first stage admirably. Then they let that go to their heads and turned the second stage into a wreckfest, but they got their collective act together for the last leg.

I think the Clash was the fifth race by a NASCAR touring series on this layout, and it hasn't disappointed yet (nor have the three Charlotte Roval events).

The lack of P&Q doesn't seem to have slowed down anyone (not named Kyle Busch). I admit last spring I thought the Cuppers would all pile up at Darlington on lap 1, turn 1, but they just sailed on through (except Stenhouse, and he at least made it to turn 2). Perhaps these guys are pretty good drivers after all, even the Truckers.
I'm just thinking the odds aren't in their favor, they can only have so many fairly clean races. Besides Ben Rhodes thinks he can drive now.

Two hours of RaceDay is over the top. I might start watching around 2:30 just because I'm anxious to see this race.

I do hope once....... things get back to normal that the Daytona Road course stays on the schedule. I wouldnt be opposed to actually having it be the first race of the season and run it at night. Especially if speedweeks are going to be as compressed as they were this year there's no reason to have the 500 to start the season and you keep some tradition by starting the season at Daytona. I would go Busch Clash on oval, Daytona RC as first Cup points race of the season, Daytona 500 (qualifying, duals and race in one week), Homestead to start the season. But I am amped theres going to be another cup race here today after having one in August, lets go!

AP and Brembo are the others. 3 or 4 years ago, Martinsville brake packages cost approx $10,000 per corner.

There are other suppliers that do only pads. Lots of choices. Find the best combo for your cars on your brake dynamometer.
Heard Childers talk about messing with the master cylinder for the Clash, but dumped the idea for the race. What might be done to the master cylinder to address braking issues?

Change to a different piston / bore diameter.

Cup cars use separate master cylinders for the front and rear brake systems. Larger diameter moves more fluid - requires more force at the pedal. They might have been looking for a different feel.

Back
Top Bottom